(Discussion) looks dictate how far you get into the music industry

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Feb 11, 2024.

1. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

yhea I always thought Ziggy was considered somewhat of a super handsome lad, didn't understand that but it's all subjective so...

2. Ichos

Ichos Producer

So true. Could it be any more starkly contrasting than that?
    :dunno:

1222.jpeg

It seems she ain't a virgin material girl anymore

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Look, no one ever said it's impossible to have a good career looking like Joe Jackson. Look at... Joe Jackson.

It's just a) less likely, b) you better have high charisma of some kind to compensate, and c) you will ultimately not be as big as the pretty people.

(Everyone under 45: wtf is Joe Jackson)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. FrankPig

FrankPig Rock Star

I recently watched a brilliantly thrilling live version of Got The Time from 1980 which was played at a ridiculously neck-breaking bpm (and faster than the possibly more well known Anthrax cover?):

I then checked out a more recent version from 2019, thinking surely a geriatric Joe must have slowed down over the years. Despite being taken aback by the fact Joe has obviously had some...work...done on his appearance in the last 40 years (and apropos this thread!), I can happily report that he still puts his foot on the pedal and gives it some serious bollocks! And there's even a cowbell solo. Blimey!

Watch and learn, the kids!

5. Ichos

Ichos Producer

Just for fun :winker:

who gets the highest votes.... :wink:

20240211_232418-COLLAGE.jpg 20240211_232350-COLLAGE.jpg
    20240211_232128-COLLAGE.jpg 20240211_231939-COLLAGE.jpg 20240211_232029-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2024
  6. Haze

Haze Producer

Yes, you're absolutely right. I wasn't meaning to exclude anyone overweight (nor be derogatory) but just include it in a list of attributes that when taken together may add up to appeal less than just a persons lack of perfectly symmetrical features.

7. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Got The Time... I heard that when it came out and thought it said "chicken in my head"... which frankly I think would be a great song, I'll write it some day.

(Da heck with Anthrax, imagine FEAR covering that song...)

8. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Let's not forget:

Shane McGowan, Paul Stanley, Zack De La Rocha, Phil Collins, Iggy Pop, Geddy Lee, Dee Snider, Billy Joe Armstrong, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters, Sid Barrett, Thom Yorke, Keith Richards (the entire Stones outside of Charlie for that matter), Join Mitchell, Seal, Elton John, Michael Bolton, Lyle Lovitz, Dwight Yoakum, Joey Ramone, Rosie O'Donnell look alike Jonathan Antoine, Roger Daltrey (a real life hobbit), Michael Stipe, Brian Johnson and Bon Scott (seems AKADKA has things for rough looking men?), Steve Howe, T-Bone Wolk, Janis Joplin, Patti Smith, Bruce Dickinson, Freddy Mercury, always though Al B. Sure was a ugly with that unibrow but chicks dugs it, Adele, and WTF Tom Jones.

Not only are all those people not super attractive they were around a long time and left their mark on music.

None of them are pretty but they all managed not to suck, go figure...

I am sure I am forgetting a lot more, the eye candy is there to keep the machine working when nothing good or of consequence is in the pipes. If they can't find genius you get Taylor Swift, they can't shut down the building waiting for you to call them up.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

It's also WAY easier to hide in a band.
    But... if anyone doubts this, consider the travesty of 80s Heart. Ann Wilson, one of the best rock singers of all time, already hugely successful through the 70s- oh but then she gained a few pounds and suddenly she's hidden in the shadows in videos, we cut to Nancy or the hotty bass player... her talent didn't save her in the video era.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  10. toetea

toetea Kapellmeister

Wait for R2R to release good looks. I heard Slate also sells an iLok plugin that does same.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List