[ DISCUSSION ] It's Bandlab a serious app to take on mind to compose?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ELJUNTADERO2022, Aug 1, 2022.

1. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

What do u think? works very well... but it is a perfect composer lets say? or just an "illusion"?
    for me brings plastic sounds but sound kind of great... for composing things i guess its usefull...
    i prefer the DAW and the simulations of compressor etc...
    what do u think? did u find it usefull and nice to create your songs?

3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

well it was cakewalk sonar before and was ahead of the game along time before other DAW`S

4. Ryck

Ryck Guest

¿Y por que no te bajas el Daw? Creo que es gratis, yo me lo habia bajado hace un tiempo .Ademas son re buena onda, les escribis y te responden de cualquier duda. ( Yo les habia preguntado por la licencia de canciones ) . Ademas podes acceder a sus samples y loops gratis y tambien podes componer con otros musicos como vos ( esta ultima opcion aun no la probe)..

5. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

hey como andas wachoooo.
    es qe no es no lo quiero probar... estoy en otra digamos... ya uso studio one desde siempre, es el qe me cabió y con el que fluyo mejor :p
    pero vos que onda que opinas de bandlab como un daw/el futuro para hacer musica? eso me interesa saber !! la opinion personal

6. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

yes that i was reading lately... and what do u think? it is the future of making music? i like to know your personal opinion !

7. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Que haces papa! ajajaja

O sea, no te entendi bien dijiste "es qe no es no lo quiero probar... estoy en otra digamos" , y no se queres decir.

Bueno , yo tambien uso Studio one, y para mi es el mejor, mas simple, mas rapido. Si estas buscando algo mejor que Studio one, lo dudo, es decir, si vas por la linea de ( Facil, intuitivo, etc).
    Yo lo probe poco a Bandlab, lo probe porque era gratis y por el tema este de conectarte a hacer musica con otros. Pero como todo Daw, tenes que aprender todas sus funciones y da mucha paja. Asi que me quede con Studio one.
    lo que use antes mucho tiempo es Cakewalk y como dijo @DJK en su tiempo era uno de los mejores, de hecho creo que es uno de los pioneros en el tema de DAWs y sobre todo en trabajar con midi.
    En mi opinon personal, la ventaja que puede tener es, que es gratis ( creo que aun lo es) Que podes bajar librerias y loops en su pagina y subir tus temas compartirlos. Etc. Pero online? no se, no me gusta nada de lo que es online, me fastidia jajaa.

8. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

I tried it against Studio One and Cubase 12 : outdated and unintuitive workflow
    If i was going the "unintuitive BUT cheap AND features packed" direction, i would take Reaper all the way.

Being free is one thing. But as long as you invest time and money in everything else ... you should invest money in a paid AND developed DAW.

When it is free, YOU are the merchandise (and will be sold (and YOUR data) anytime soon)

Once you learned it inside out, you are not going to change it tomorrow.
    And seeing the situation of this software into "strange" hands ... i will not loose my time with it.

I'm even wondering about S1 since Fender bought it...

You can use it as a "fun and free" DAW.
    But serious work should be done on a STABLE company DAW.
    Because YOUR time learning it is money for them in the long run (by one way or another).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Coincido plenamente con lo que dijo PifPafpif, te canto la posta. Es asi.

10. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

i stopped using Cakewalk yrs ago because ! yes it does sound like plastic recordings very strange and cheesy sound Daw and plugins

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

As a side note : i REALLY liked integrated Sonitus plugins.
    Especially Multiband.
    But now, all this is REALLY outdated ...

The only time i told someone to use bandlab, it was for a single fun and free project only.

12. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

It is WRONG to think Cakewalk "sounds" different.
    NO major DAW "sounds" like ANYTHING!
    Only some software that is flawed in audio processing could "sound" different.
    And in that case it would not sound 'plastic', but it would have artifacts or limited frequency response, etc.

There is no such thing as MOJO. There are no aliens in area 54. There are no unicorns, or ghosts, or ESP.
    There is nothing 'supernatural'. All those things are only imagined by the ignorant.

When it comes to DAWs (even FL Studio) they ALL SOUND THE SAME.
    THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME.
    THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME.
    THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME.

What differs is the workflow and capabilities (tools).
    What makes them "sound" different is ONLY what YOU DO with them.

13. Yorkz

Yorkz Noisemaker

I took a serious look at it. It's a legit alternative to the other major DAWS but it also doesn't seem to stand out on any particular features. The exception is it's articulation management implementation. I think it's superior to any other DAW's approach including Studio One and Cubase's. Was quite surprised by this.

14. gzilla

gzilla Ultrasonic

- Still using it. it's traditional daw nothing fancy like Fl or Ableton Live. You can get the job done and that's it. It's has been $500 in many years before it' free so it's has many features like other paid DAWs

- Again it's traditional DAW if you familiar with Cubase, Logic, etc. Workflow is nearly the same just a bit different here and there offer the tools to make your life easier on each DAWs.

- It's still active development, Frequently release for bugs fix and still have new features added over the years.
    https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.01.html

- What is plastic sound ? If you don't like stock plugin it's can use VST like other DAWs. With so many plugins on earth in your collection I don't see why you don't get the sound that you want.

15. droplet

droplet Rock Star

try reaper

16. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member