discontinued vst warez

Discussion in 'Education' started by wasgedn, Mar 28, 2018.

1. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

how is it with discontinued plugins which only available in warez form anymore....

can i use this with freeware and be on legit site of life....

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Let's use the car analogy, shall we?

Somebody leaves a worn down car that still works perfectly at your place and says "I don't want it any more. Whoever wants it may have it." Would you take it? :)

It's not a great analogy. LOL But it's in the ballpark, I think...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yuh.....mr wave...i would...and in fact have done just that my friend..
    .Twice ...Heh...Had some bloke leave His old ford xr2 across my service pitt.. i use for gettn underneath cars if i need to do work.
    And 3 weeks past......That old abanodoned sticker got put on the car......I then bought it from the recov company ...for the recov fee of 20 quid!

It had only ran outta petrol too.....
    Sold the thing for 500 if i rememebr rightly.....

was bout 10 yrs ago..
    Not related to music soz

Just a car analogy guyss..heh!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

if the company doesn't exist anymore, i don't think you must give a fuck if its legal or illegal..... who will tell you ?

6. I have petitioned the UNIVERSE and in so doing have been given full title to all the discarded, unwanted and superfluous items ever created, either in the past, the present and/or in the event of the future.

I do accept Bitcoin and Paypal, credit and debit cards, but under no circumstance personal checks so don't bother asking.

For payment please visit: https//superliquid.net/universal/paymaster/1492/

Thank you for your patronage!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Mutton

Mutton Newbie

Let's shall.
    Did the guy who left that car at your place also leave its title, along with a good bill of sale? Here in US, registering a car without a title or a bill of sale is a pain. So your guy either left a title,or a headache.
    But
    are not abandoned cars. Unless someone came over to your place and said "I don't want it any more. Whoever wants it may have it," they're not even abandonware.
    Otherwise, good analogy.

8. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Technically, It might still be illegal as it might be covered by copyright. Have you made every endeavour to get a legit version/contact the vendor/author?

9. Seckkksee

Seckkksee Guest

Just use the plug and shut the fuck up about it. Works every time if you're doing something shady.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

camel bitcrusher and phat are the ones in that case...i think there gone in legit mode but every one use it still...
    the bitcrusher is a great saturator(sort of what do i kno)...

its just if i go to a seminar or to an bit famous engineer who gets heart attack if a pirate sits in his studio...lol

11. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

12. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

that is a VERY good question and I would be grateful if someone with education of laws could tell us,
    1) car analogy is nonsense, because as a physical item of defined owner it's possible to keep reselling an old veteran car until literally forever,
    2) even if company doesn't exist, it's more than likely "someone else" bought copyrights/trademarks/technology, so it's almost certain someone still owns some components of the legacy software product nowadays
    3) every plugin has terms of use and/or end user license agreement, which probably explicitly mentions user is not given a software, but only license to use it, so if the plugin is cracked or not is somewhat irrelevant as user does not become an "owner" of the installer or installed files
    4) I believe it's actually a big problem for commercial use, especially with virtual instruments/sounds, because as far as I know in order to publish/broadcast a piece of art with copyrighted sounds/instruments, another license needs to be agreed on, aside from commercial license to use the software for composition (sounds crazy, ain't it?)
    5) with effect/mixing plugins, it's problematic to prove what software tools were actually used and which not, so it's more of an ethical thingy to own a license to use them

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Don't need to worry.... They are still protected by Copyright laws, even if the company doesn't exist anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

the one you buy with the product and the one for kind of registration licence that some product of youreself is out which contains that copyright material maybe...sry my english

15. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

deleted

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  16. TonyG

TonyG Guest

You have asked a very interesting question. The simple answer is "No". Let me explain.
    It seems that the software you are referring to falls into the category of "abandoneware." The term “abandonware” refers to software that has been abandoned or ignored by its developer and for which support has been discontinued. In many cases, the software may be designed for obsolete systems or produced by companies that have since gone out of business. However, copyrighted works that have been abandoned by their creators do not automatically become public property. They remain protected for the duration of the copyright unless the creators, company or the remaining legal entity voluntarily gives up its copyright.
    In conclusion, downloading a copyrighted work for free and using it is illegal. Since downloading commercial
    software for free is a Copyright violation you could, in theory, be sued. The good news is that you
    almost certainly would not be sued, but that doesn’t change the answer to the question of
    abandonware’s legality.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. tonyg0499, AKA, The DA!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I agree the car analogy doesn't work in this case, I just wasn't in a "Socrates mood"... or rather "DA mood" and tried to use a simple analogy [and funny? I'm as funny as Bela Lugosi's grave]. :)

Yes, it's obvious it's still legally illegal [lol love it!] to use it due to copyrights, but at least very few people will care, if any, since you can't even buy the thing any more. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. [​IMG]
    No, you are waaaay funnier! Funny that you thought so.

20. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

You might not like what I am about to post, but here we go....

As far as Camel Audio software is concerned, they were bought by Apple and integrated into Logic Pro X. So in this case, they own that piece of intellectual property.

Of course, people will still use pirated software, so carry on.

21. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

pff...the update force'erer company , let a great and historical app abbandon and make it no available anymore to sell new shit...
    its really everywhere the same...the new order - economy of snowball

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List