Discontinued plug-ins, alternatives, lame developers/support etc.

Discussion in 'Software' started by D-Music, Oct 11, 2020.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Not this again. Please do not further discuss this. Okay?
    What has this to do with his plugins?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Nope, just a simple Key file .
    And is now the same again
    Evolution :rofl:

3. J Frank Badass

J Frank Badass Ultrasonic

the Auto-Filter is great on guitar

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

SB: How did Tone2 actually get started? I had read that before Tone2, Markus had worked with reFX, the makers of Vanguard, JunoX, and Slayer plugins. Is that correct?

MK: I programmed the audio engines for reFX JunoX, Vanguard, PlastiCZ and Slayer. I had some new ideas like the HCM synthesis which is now used in Tone2 FireBird and Gladiator. But Mike (reFX) refused the development of new products. That’s why I was forced to restart another company from scratch.

Interview – In Tune with Tone2
    https://soundbytesmag.net/intunewithtone2/

5. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Looks like they gonna have a sort of comeback this year. They are updating their plugins for new systems, made a new website, posting on youtube, but most of active development is for iOS.

Code:
        Steinberg has informed us that they are discontinuing the USB-eLicenser which we used
    in most of our plugins for license control. Steinberg will maintain the server handling for those
    services until June 30th, 2022. For this reason you currently can not buy any of our products using 
    the Steinberg Key. You can use your eLicenser licenses with our products as long as you like, and as
    long as the eLicenser Control Center Software is running on your operating system.

We’re currently preparing the transition of all of our products to a new serial based license 
    management solution. This will take some time, but this will make the entire process of purchasing 
    and activating products more streamlined as we've already done for TERA and CUBE. As soon as
    we've finished this these products will get into sales again and our users can update them. Below 
    you'll find the latest updates for these plugins supporting Mac OS 11/12 and Windows 10. 

6. m.sarti

m.sarti Producer

I concur. I'm familiar with Windows, and with Linux, but I've used Apple for music production since 2009, and got sucked into Logic Pro via Garageband, although I've used other DAWs since then, as well. About a decade ago, I got the notion that Apple should develop an OS particular to music production, providing backward-compatibility porting or whatever. Forcing o/s "upgrades" every five years and new hardware every 10 is truly disruptive (not in the trendy sense that techies use that word) to music-producers, who shouldn't be forced to sacrifice software applications, plugins, and virtual instruments – and workflow – just because the new Mac desktop o/s works more smoothly with iOS or runs on an architecture that deprecates software in which one has money and time and familiarity invested. After one "migrates" to a new o/s, and especially to a new architecture, going back to the projects made with the former ones entails maintaining a separate, older computer still installed with that stuff – or one has to watch that house burn from the new house across the street. There are cool 32-bit plug-ins and instruments that I had used on the Snow Leopard (10.6) o/s that I really miss. I've been on Mojave (10.14) o/s since it came out, and had been able to pay no more than $500 for an used 5-to-10-year-old Macbook every time that a change in hardware was warranted, but am now using a 2017 iMac because the battery in my 2015 iMac was about to explode from exposure to excessive heat. Now that the Silicon architecture has been around for a couple of years, it's dividing Mac users because the transition from Intel is as jarring as that from PowerPC to Intel had been. I myself am quite alright with Mojave on an Intel Mac, and I cannot afford an M1 or M2 machine – but I also cannot afford the loss of all the software that I use and which hasn't been re-developed for the M1 platform, if it ever will be. The people planning and designing iPhone upgrades for the sake of profit should not be driving the development of stuff that people who tend to hang back a few years at a time in order to maintain stability and continuity in their work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. playtime

playtime Rock Star

So 2 years later, still nothing. RefX is such a bunch of greedy lying assholes! :trashing:

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Their business model is: " The reFX Nexus 4 VSTi costs 250 € in addition the expansions unit price 60 €. "

Attached Files:

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

there will be no vanguard 2 ever. And i still think all those support tickets are handled by on person with random avatar/profiles. :rofl:

If the market is still there for Nexus XPs, why shouldnt reFX still cash in on it? I am pretty sure we would all do the same ... I am not a mad this.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022