disc.series CUBA for kontakt: this feature makes it USELESS

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leandrusi, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Leandrusi

Leandrusi Newbie

Discovery series: Cuba. It sounds amazing the interface is so friendly and clear, you can mix, choose tempo, styles, trigger modes, and everything EXCEPT for one thing that completely ruins all and I cant find the way of changing it (if thereĀ“s a way).
    Sustain pedal actually STOPS all the music. Yeah, thats right, you are jamming like a boss with this super salsa ensamble when you press sust pedal and all of the sudden everything stops!
    Why would they make a control so common like cc64 to STOP everything?? and why is it impossible to change? Makes no sense to me.
    Anyway, if anyone knows a way to fix it please let me know. Thanks!

3. recycle

recycle Guest

I confirm: everything turns off when the pedal is pressed. If your question is why, well... I can't answer.
    My workaround is to open various kontakt sessions with each cuba instrument, play & record the pattern, then disconnect the midi controller from that channel
    Set channel to "midi from no input"
    Now activate the midi controller only for the kontakt where you want to use the pedal (eg. piano performance)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2021
  4. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

At my side - pressing the sustain pedal does not stop the pattern. The pattern stops after the pedal is de-pressed. My guess would be that the sustain pedal should "hold" the pattern keyswitch, so you wouldn't have to.

BUT(!), now and then the playback stopped after pressing the pedal down (and that doesn't make any sense). It is totally unreliable. Also, the Middle East from the Spotlight Collection has an options page, where you can choose what the sustain pedal does (or switch it off).

After checking the other titles from the collection I have a strong feeling that the guys at NI are a bit confused.. well, they made the new artwork. Now it would be nice if they sorted out the rest..