Disassembling a laptop LCD

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Rhodes, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

I have an old laptop that has a fried LCD... i am using it with an attached monitor.

Will the laptop work if I disassemble the original LCD (the lid of the laptop) ?

[​IMG]

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I bet it will. You have nothing to lose, do you? Go on ahead and explore :)

[​IMG]

4. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

There can be much wires inside the monitor of laptop that is not for the monitor (camera speakers microphone wifi etc).

Some laptop take hours to properly disassemble if you lucky you find webpage or video of steps for your model, because some are like puzzle (remove one screw here flip over, remove bracket here, flip back over, now you finally remove this part).

I say this because you show tool, i dont know if you make joke, or if serious to just cut off monitor. Maybe you make strange short in wires if you cut monitor off like that, i recommend to for real disassemble and not destroy :)

5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

I did it once and it worked, but it took me some time to move the WiFi antennas and the microphone to a different, sensible position, keeping cables intact of course. And I had to disassemble the whole thing because I wanted to cut the lcd holders and fill the holes as well so the gadget was nicely flat.

6. statik

statik Audiosexual

use the powercutter!!!!

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

:rofl:
    Always tie your laptop to your neck when you're a movie star :bleh: