Dirty folkish groovy song mixed in Studio One with Decapitator, KMT, Devil-Loc

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by tamere, Jan 27, 2012.

1. tamere

tamere Platinum Record

Please review my recent mix, its mastered as well (unfortunately client limited budget has me mastering it as well).

Hope you guys are gonna like it. I say it again Presonus Studio One v2 is the most clever DAW ever. Unbeatable workflow, sound and the mastering feature is heaven on earth.

Thanks for your time. I'll post some more songs later on.

http://soundcloud.com/patrickpleauaudio/la-loca-lexistence-ciel

3. stensax

stensax Newbie

i like the vocals. cool song :wink:

4. Alexander

Alexander Newbie

I understand why the vocals sound the way they do, but I somehow feel they don't match the sound of the other instruments. The vocals have a nice vintage sound to it, but the piano and guitar for example don't. Also the intro and outro are a bit ridiculous, but since you write you mixed it I'm assuming you didn't write it. It would also be nice to have a bass instrument (preferably an acoustic upright) doubling the bass notes from the piano. Also the guitar seems to fight for attention with the vocals, so they're either too loud or to much centered.

5. Rico88

Rico88 Newbie

I just tried posting this comment and it seemed to disappear. Hope it doesn't wind up showing up twice.

I liked your song, in spite of the fact that I don't speak the language. It was unexpected, as most of the people here post music in a very different sort of musical style. I welcome hearing something a bit different.

As for the production I thought it was decent enough, but I'm not sure I would really call it a "master". If your singer is attempting to use this to further her career, it does seem to make a reasonable demonstration of what she does; I hear her voice clearly and well and on this sort of tune that's what your selling. I agree with the poster above regarding the intro, as I thought it was a bit over the top and could lose some listeners before your singer even gets started. Consider some editing that perhaps brings it to the point more quickly. I also agree that your mix could use more bottom.

In the overall though I did enjoy it. It nice to hear some people working on stuff outside of the dance genre. Thanks for sharing it with us!

6. tamere

tamere Platinum Record

Hey guys great feedback. I know what you mean. but you guys seems to be more in the dance field so that may be why you guys look for more bottom and bass sounds? ;) but you might be right.just want to make sure.

also for the vocal it bugged me as well that the instrument are too clean. I will need to make guitar and piano more dirty to fit. as for the over the top intro I think that is great IMO dont think its too much it add a great vibe and fits the lyrics. (im french so I understand the meaning) ;)

font have much time and over budget for a upright bass but that would have been great.

as for the master. I have to tweak it so it sounds great everywhere. im not a pro at mixing and even less at mastering but I know im getting there :)

thanks a lot guys again for your time.ill check out your stuff if any

cheers
    keep up on making good music

7. Alexander

Alexander Newbie

I rarely ever make dance or any of the sort and I actually really did like the song (probably didn't sound that way). If you have the opportunity to get Trillian, which has an awesome sounding upright acoustic bass, I'd go for that.