Did you stop buying hardware? ( world crisis )

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by hackerz4life, Mar 8, 2022.

?

Did you stop buying hardware?

1. No, nothing changed.

33 vote(s)
    35.9%
  2. No, but i am nervous.

11 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. A little bit, yes.

7 vote(s)
    7.6%
  4. Yes, i am very nervous.

14 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes, hardware and software, i am extremely nervous.

10 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. I am buying more hardware and software than ever.

17 vote(s)
    18.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stopped

stopped Producer

I bought a couple things that had been on my ebay saved searches that no one ever sold, and for better prices than I'd ever seen

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Hamudi2000

Hamudi2000 Member

I bought my most expensive synth ever last october (Prophet 10), so: no.

3. PartyShit

PartyShit Producer

Coming from using discoDSP Discovery, SERUM, DIVA...
    I tought buying a analog synth will change my life.
    Guess what it did not...
    I bought a behringer MODEL D about 3 weeks ago it is cool and alright but I would say in this day and age and the faster workflow does not favor analog synths it is so hard to dial in something awesome I prefer to stay a 'Preset guy' If anybody already have SERUM do not buy anything else SERUM is the best all around AIO solution for generating any kind of synth stuff so many preset packs and analog simulations iand to be honest they sound much more awesome than a real analog synth like my MODEL D.
    I don't want to sell it but I regret buying it I don't care I chose to pay in 5 installments so it costs basically nothing to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. recycle

recycle Guest

Thank you my Guru

5. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

I actually found out that using analog makes it easier to commit to a sound and move on and they ( behringer clones ) sit very nicely in the mix.
    Give it some time and actually use it in some projects and you will love what it offers. It took me months to incorporate them into my sessions.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

It's too easy to take digital pics for this to have the same effect for most people.

7. garfinkle

garfinkle Platinum Record

Anyone I know?

:winker:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I have no idea who that poor bastard might be. Dang man, one post and two mods after his ass... that's kind of some twisted skill...

PS. Just in case, it's been a please to know you all guys :shalom::lmao:

9. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Just got a Cort A-5 Ultra Ash bass delivered from Thomann (Germany) yesterday.
    I live in Canada but nobody has stock here.
    Got a Midas MR 18 mixer from them as well.
    Buy local doesn't work anymore, unless they're making it in your backyard :)

10. timer

timer Producer

Buying hardware as long as supply chains last. Only live equipment, though, for the fun.
    My studio is already way better equiped than myself with creativity.

And best things about global conflicts are:
    1. not having to worry where to hide, it's global!
    2. in doing senseless things you are not alone anymore

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. Ryck

Ryck Guest

this post is gold :rofl:........more!! more!!

12. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I stopped buying hardware and software even before the crisis, but thankfully I have everything I need and then some. So it's not that bad. :wink:

My only worries are food, drink and how to pay the bills. That's rather overwhelming in itself. :sad:

edit: well, I do plan to buy one more thing. Either Alesis AI3, or Behringer ADA8200 or 8000, because I need more outputs to the mixing console, but all these are rather cheap. Alesis AI3 is quite a bargain and you get 8 nice ADAT 20 bit Sigma-Delta ADDA converters. I love the sound of those on VSTis.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  13. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

The prices are crazy right now. I bought a QSC 12.2 loud speaker 2 years ago for $800 at Sweetwater. After the pandemic the piece now is $1000.

14. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Monster Days at Long & McQuade music in June: sales and free interest for 6 months.
    Got loads of stuff, notably:
    Arturia Microfreak, EVH Iconic Combo amp and a pair of EV EKS-15P powered PA speakers with 15" bottoms and 1500 watts power each :woot:

15. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

The prices are going up fast. Goes for new and used gear.
    If you were buying 80s and 90s used gear pre 2010, that was a bargain, today buying 80s or 90s gears is a different story.

16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

It was long overdue, but I decided to upgrade in late 2020 my CPU/mobo/RAM. I had a badass dinosaur Core2 QX9650, 4 cores 3Ghz with DDR2 RAM.

Late 2020 was the start of the shortage and my cheap new CPU (i3-9100F) was literally double the price 4 months later. Crazy. And the RAM almost likewise (2x16GB medium-end DDR4-3200Mhz)

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Like really. There's nothing going on in the world right now. Like really. NOTHING SPECIAL, you know, right?

Answering the poll. No option for me. I start to buy hardware more often. It's usually a group buy. For army. Thing called bayraktar tb2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

That's when I upgraded my ancient AMD bulldozer PC with i7-6700, new mobo and RAM. I got those three really cheap - about 300 euro.

It's a really bad time for buying a new computer now. Better to wait and see what happens.

19. clone

clone Audiosexual

I am using 2017 intel MacBook Pro. so it is i7 also. It is fast enough where I can't justify buying a new one, but want to anyway. But with any new type of tech, just like with new car models; I wait a year as a general rule. And within that 1 year they are already on to m2, studio and so on. So I am glad I have waited, even if the prices go up a little bit.

20. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Yep. In my case I was pretty lucky didn't buy later

21. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

yeah, I probably stopped buying hardware in a previous live because I never bought hardware in this life

22. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I laughed a lot reading seeing some memes that they put here. They are very resourceful. Sometimes in a chaotic situation, humor helps you not to go crazy. Finally, having said this: If you live in a third world country like mine, where the dollar goes up and up. And every time you have to do more "magic" to survive (eat, dress, pay rent, etc). the "World Crisis" may be in your country, because it is the reality that you have to live. Then. Here there has been an economic crisis for a long time, and you have to think between buying hardware or buying things necessary to live, or getting into debt with a loan. I see some people who stop eating to buy something material, or stop dressing. I've seen a person selling food with all the broken sneakers and a brand new iPhone. So, well, I always buy food that doesn't spoil when faced with a crisis, which is what I did when the pandemic started. Buy food, while people went crazy to buy toilet paper. You could see on the empty toilet paper shelves, while on the food shelves it was full. It is very crazy (from my point of view) how the least necessary thing is prorised before the essential thing that is to eat.

23. Genoveva Bernhard

Genoveva Bernhard Producer

I actually want to buy a caddy tray and SSD for my laptop but have been dragging my feet. They say my rent will go down in three months. If it does I'll think about that SSD,