Did anyone ever experience Google Play Ap g.co/HelpPay#IE Unauthorized charge?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Sillytune, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

Ya'll be my guys, and if someone dabbles in "third party downloads" or anything that can be somewhat risky when it comes to online transactions, I'm more than sure i'll find people here.

So - I've already been to the bank, cancelled my CC in the meantime, but I am wondering how exactly did this happen.

Back on 1st august, i've been charged for first time for 0.09 (all currencies 'll be in EUR)
    Immediately afterwards it was for 9.12

Then nothing changed until yesterday when I got hit for series of:
    All by the same "AP"
    Google Play Ap g.co/HelpPay#IE

So, - I'm wondering exactly how did it come to that
    Apart from sister site, and realdebrid, there arent any "lets say morally shady" websites that i visit
    No active subscriptions

Any recommendations that somehow somewhere I got hit by a keylogger, or what Im basically trying to say is how the fuck did someone get access to my CC,

What are your experiences?
    Im waiting on banks report, those part's ve been handled, but the level 1 csupport team is practically useless, they see what "i see" as well, so we're waiting on actual level 2 technical team

Thanks a bunch

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

so the first small charge you saw, under 1$ but over .01$ is nothing but an automatic verification attempt of the card.

ignore that transaction. it's just the card being checked.

check this reddit: google_play_gcohelppayns_scam

recent posts of the same thing. I doubt this is a key logger result, but some other way your card info was leaked or obtained. good luck.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  4. Sillytune

Sillytune Ultrasonic

Hey there, I've checked out the post ironically prior to posting this one, but nothing indicates on how did this come to be \o /
    Thanks though :)