Devine Machine Lucifer

Discussion in 'Software' started by thepopenale, Oct 13, 2011.

1. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

http://www.kvraudio.com/db/lucifer_by_devine_machine_software

Not around anymore, Ive never tried it...

How does this hold up today? Compared to Artillery/Stutter Edit?

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

As far as I remember, its strength lies more in the kind of control you have over parameters, midi and multiple control graphs that are also switchable by midi keys in real time.
    Great for live use. FX-wise, Stutter Edit and especially Artillery certainly do sound different.
    I remember an AV-Sync tutorial somewhere on the net using Luci and Isadora where a movie clip playback was controlled by Luci's graph. It made use of Luci's capability to generate intermediate, smaller step values (16/32/64...) without having to draw all by-hand.

Actually Lucifer still stands for itself, but with the powerful rack possibilities you have in Ableton today, I'd rather go the Ableton way. Being able to use *ANY* Ableton or VST effect for any slice is as powerful as it could be. There are free "FX routers" for Ableton that can be controlled e.g. by midi notes and will route audio to selectable FX.
    Learning to use Ableton racks is totally worth the effort, I can attest :)
    Having different MIDI clips ready for comparison is another plus in Ableton.
    Such a setup can yield effects all the above solutions can only dream of, and even Stutter Edit cannot host external VST plugins for additional variation.
    The only gripe is that Ableton does not have such a fancy GUI, which can be less inspiring at times.

Just my $2,99 ;-)

4. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

"The only gripe is that Ableton does not have such a fancy GUI, which can be less inspiring at times."

tell me about it :snuffy:

5. TkiD

TkiD Noisemaker

+1 for Ableton, never had a problem with the GUI myself, though it doesn't look as fancy as, say, Logic. Ive just checked out Devine Machine Krishna actually, heavy library, hopefully it works :grooves:

6. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

TkiD, please tell me more about your Krishna experience when you're through!

@One Reason: Hey, at least you can get the latest fancy iPad with a fire red, tattoo'ed bag and then buy the "TouchAble" remote app, which looks way cooler that Ableton itself when you'r sitting on the couch :rofl:

7. ZUK

ZUK Rock Star

8. TkiD

TkiD Noisemaker

Hey ive had a go with Krishna, i downloaded the synth and the small Anabolic Presets pack (aprox 200mb) to test it, loads of presets, sounds ok so far:

Firstly installed Standalone, then VSTi then presets, tested SA works fine, tested VSTi in Ableton Live 8.2.2, no problems, time will tell. Not the best looking thing, but very simple to use (all aspects).

Interesting wave editing, good to create your own sounds of course, i think they call the images 'movies' not to sure yet until i download a movie pack.
    3x oscillators, x5 LFO's, Filter, Delay, Reverb, Tube, Step Sequencer and a Looper (Standalone only).

Now i'm downloading a large (3gb) presets and movie packs, still not 100% sure what 'movies' means yet, i'm assuming its wave patterns? will find out soon and update if you need :wink:

Its on the other website, i searched for devine machine, its the only entry. Hope this helps. :grooves: