Devil Loc Deluxe Hissing

Discussion in 'PC' started by swing, Feb 18, 2014.

1. swing

swing Newbie

Hey, I´m trying Devil Loc Deluxe from Soundtoys, PC version.

It´s an old release (nobody is going to see it if I post a comment on AudioZ, I think...) but I watched really nice demos out there and a friend suggested it to me A LOT. It´s also the kind of download I can manage here, with my lovely internet connection :rofl:

It was working perfect for an hour or so, then started hissing.

I installed both files included in the package, the Setup and the Ilok driver.
    Then wrapped it to use it in PTools 8 LE.

There´s nothing about the hissing at AudioZ, here at the Forum or other sites. :dunno:

Maybe it´s related with this, included in the nfo:

You need PACE/iLok driver to run. [installed]

http://www.ilok.com/...k-software.html [goes nowhere]

NOTE ABOUT BOMB :

It's cool to embed the extra bombs inside the PACE protection :) Plugins checks if it is modified or not and send the data to dev's server. After that it stops the processing and starts beeping. In other words, you get logged by dev when the plugin bombs!

[I don´t understand this last advice, is any step missing by me?] Hissing > Bomb right???

A twisted bass line is waiting for your help. :wink:

Thanks.

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Try downloading the latest iLok driver. I found your subtitle funny: "maybe there's a language barrier here." :rofl:

4. lukie

lukie Newbie

Could be a snake in the machine instead of the ghost. :rofl:

All I've had with soundtoys some time ago was drop outs of sound, they have been ok for about a year that was my last install

5. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

Carl, you d be amazed at the fact that people in wares community dont even seem to be using plug ins they crave for. I had a problem with filter freak recently, one of the older releases which behaved extremely funny. I posted a question on this forum and nobody knew what I was talking about. Many people offered suggestions but if anyone used it they would have known instantly what the problem was. So then I found out there was a newer release and in that one the problem was solved. It wasnt the fault on sound toys part, I can assure you of that.
    I also ran into some problems with newer release of plugin alliance. I used SPL transient designer before it went into the alliance and it worked very very differently than after the fact. I m under impression that crack teams maybe dont really test the plug ins properly before they release them. I mean, sure, a plug in might seem to work but is it working properly is another question. Users on the other hand dont seem to be bothered. As if they are satisfied that they got a 500$ plug in for free and thats all that matters.
    I dont use Devil Loc, but I m only suggesting that maybe it wasnt Kd properly. Try to download official demo and do the comparison. Time bomb is something different, I think it only happens with Decapitator.

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

don_questo
    Like I always say there are collectors and then there are musicians. I didn't see your thread but if I had I would have had an answer for you, so would Xsze because we actually use our plugs. That being said there can also be inconsistencies from computer to computer especially in the warez world that might not be widespread. OS can play a role too. For example I had issues with timebombs on Windows XP while many said it was working without a hitch on Windows 7 when it's usually the opposite. I actually used Devil-Loc without a hitch on my XP system but haven't tried it on Windows 8 yet. I didn't experience this hissing that carl is talking about when I had it installed but I installed the latest drivers, perhaps that could help.

7. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

That, so no need to take it personally! Besides, as you said you were using 4.0.1, and if my memory serves me I had problems with 4.1.6 or something like that

8. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

My generalization was also based on the fact that even the audioz post with the version of soundtoys I had didnt have a single person mentioning that fault.
    If you think generalizations equal throlling, its just the way you look at it. I mean should I put a disclaimer with every post I make? Its a forum, not a public service announcement, I think. I didnt atatack anyone personally...You said that you want people to be free to post

9. swing

swing Newbie

C'mon guys don´t take this to the wrong place :hug:

I uninstalled, cleaned everything, then installed again a few times, in different orders.
    Drivers version were ok, so maybe it was a 'inconsistency' in my PC (I´m a fucking magnet for inconsistencies :rofl: ) or something related to PT8 or the Wrapper or some combinations of all them...
    Anyway, I tweaked a little the plug (not enough time maybe) this morning with a fresh install and it didn´t start the annoying hissing.
    So I hope it´s stable now. :wink:

10. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

Good luck with that. Maybe it will work from now on. The famous time bomb on Decapitator also stooped happening after a while I might add. You never know...