Despite Ableton saying there won't be a Push 3, there's a new Push!!!

Discussion in 'Live' started by Bunford, May 23, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. trz303

trz303 Producer

i3, 8go ram, 256go ssd for about 950€ ? (Push 3 = 949 €, Push 3 Standalone = 1899 €)
    For that price you have a notebook with i7 13 gen, 1to ssd, 16go ram, 15,6" oled screen ....

I seriously doubt that i3/8go ram/256 ssd is enough to make Push a stand-alone hardware for Ableton ...
    Maybe for a sampling drum machine, OK, but not for a real Ableton replacement (VST, Ableton devices ....).

Just my point of view.

Edit : no support for VST, btw ...

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I have a Push 2 and whilest I've often dreamed of having an all-in-one Push in practice I probably won't be able to pay the asking price, which I suggest will be at least 1,000 Euro.

It looks great though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Bobbarya

Bobbarya Noisemaker

not full Ableton and no support for VSTs @trz303

6. genlab

genlab Member

the Midi Editing looks nice...something I miss since years in Push 2 ...change the Pitch with a knob...not with a pad

7. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

with Linux inside and upgradable hardware it looks like an interesting platform for hacking it to your needs

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. trz303

trz303 Producer

Yep I see that ... way too expensive then ....

9. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

Is it just me or buttons sucks? They look like a glowing poop block. Too close to each other.
    Push 2 had better buttons and overall look. Buttons design really sucks here.
    I am even more interested in Push 2 right now.
    If not this ugly buttons design a standalone Ableton in Push looks promising.
    But €1900 for that ugly fucker without vsts.
    Bruhh. It is a no for me.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. digital self

digital self Newbie

its not meant to be a full and complete ableton replacement imo. just one that you can use without your computer if you're away from home, or you want to produce in the garden (which is one of my favourite things to do), or for live sets etc. i agree that the price is steep but comparing it to a laptop is r-worded. its an instrument not a computer. a laptop doesnt have 64 MPE enabled pads, encoders, etc. if you dont use a push or controller i can see you not understanding but making music with your hands instead of staring at a screen and clicking a mouse is a huge plus for a lot of people, this is just another step forward for that where you dont need the computer nearby all the time anymore. i will most likely be upgrading my push 2 to this in like 6 months or so.

11. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

My first instinct after watching all the you tube videos this morning on a Push 3, was to see how much the Push 2 has gone down in price. The new features wouldn't benefit me in the slightest.

Even with the Push 2, I weighed up all the options and went with a Launchpad Pro mk3, Akai Midimix and Arturia Minilab3. and STILL came out £170 better off.

I guess everyone has to decide first how they will use these things, and then choose if it's worth forking out for something just because people say how good it is/

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

bought a launchpad X and hardly use it, as im just better doing drums with the mouse.

i keep the launchpad for its colors.

If i now imagine to use Push? i simply can not see me using it for anything.

And the price is just absurdly high, you could really buy a highend notebook for that or even a fully flexed desktop for that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. smj

smj Newbie

i wonder if the cracked ableton suite will work with this unit. not sure if it just transfers your ableton version to the device somehow or you have to sign in or what

14. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I agree to a point, but, and this is the real key to a launchpad for me. Setting up a decent template that gives you the freedom to wander around Ableton with drums, pads,keys,bass and fx all at the touch a couple of buttons. I haven't QUITE managed it yet, but when I do.. I think it will be perfect.

15. ArticStorm

Live 11 naughty worked with Push 2 atleast, i assume it should work for P3 too.

I think ABleton is just branching out as the portable market doesnt offer any allaround solution as Live and P3 would provide.

Im curious if Ableton has created a fully OS to run on P3 for Live or how this was solved. (windows OS on i3 should be a joke.)
    Man Live on Linux WTF and run your windows vsts there too at some point?

16. genlab

genlab Member

And that was the Point of Push 2 or even with Push 1...not to hassle with scripts...I think even that Push was overpriced but still the best integration with Live....even the Push One fits better then all lauchpads

17. ArticStorm

Yeah i had a similar problem.
    i wanted to have scales arranged on my launchpad X (the default arrangement/template is hideous and stupid to use it a midi keyboard), but for that it was required to dive deeper into it, so i bought a cheap midi keyboard, which i can put into my backpack. Simply was a faster and better solution. Still not sure why i bought a launchpad X in the first place? Should had invested in a Nordlead 2X instead.

18. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I am glad I picked up a Push 2 for a bargain £250 a year ago now! I doubt I'd use standalone, and the only real features I like the look of are better MIDI editing and the MPE pads, the first of which I can still achieve and the second of which I'm yet to feel a huge draw to try, even with the ROLi keyboards and so on.

Therefore, I think I will happily keep and still use my Push 2 :wink:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. digital self

digital self Newbie

this is such a bizarre comparison people keep making. you could buy a laptop and addictive keys for the price of a piano, but you cant *play the piano* with it. its about *how* you use it, not just what it can do, sound/processing wise. if you're comparing it to a computer with zero input options you're missing the point. not saying everyone needs to buy it or anything but at least understand what it's for and why one might buy it - for creation, for expression, for workflow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

If I was doing regular live gigs and needed a self-contained unit with all of the connectivity, then yes, the price could be justified.

As I don't, I'm happy with less shit. I do like the idea though, kind of why I like the idea of Maschine+, but it's just not for me.

21. ArticStorm

It was my opinion and if you carefully read, you can see i already made the point for me that i dont use my launchpad X as it doesnt add anything to my workflow and therefore P3 as standalone would be useless for ME. :rolling_eyes:

So it leaves me with the hardware integrated, which is simply weak if you have already midi keyboard and other stuff.

Sure if you are looking into Push 2 with a good notebook, it will still better than anything P3 might offer.