Denon MCX8000 for Serato + Engine $1300 (NAMM 2016)

Discussion in 'DJ equipment' started by dadarkman, Jan 21, 2016.

1. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$1300

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Dj Player... So this thing plays DJs?

4. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Something specific you wanted to ask about the board?

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Just making fun of Denon's nomenclature.

Let me explain:
    Cassette player
    CD player
    DJ player

Hope it's clearer now :wink:

6. Strangelove

Strangelove Member

turntables or you're not a DJ

/thread

7. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

They're coming clean now... everyone knows now that an every second EDM "star" DJ pushes and tweaks unassigned buttons/knobs, so they're starting to name it what it is, that is a "DJ player", you stand in front of it and play/pretend that you're a DJ :rofl:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  8. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

No, unfortunately with the caliber of some folks in here, I'm afraid that you maybe right :yes:. However, this is a thread to announce and show the Denon MCX8000, its range of features and what it can or cannot do for the working professional DJ; This will be shown at NAMM in January 24th, just that man. I really don't care about the "turntables or you're not a DJ" B.S. I go to the clubs and I :disco: that's about it. LOL!
    On the real though, just like every other post I've been posting about the stuff coming out from NAMM, I'm just sharing the info about the items.

If I open a post and realize that it has a product I don't like or support, it is that simple to hit the X or Back button... There are plenty other subjects for someone to take part in without having to waste their time making negative or snarky remarks in thread of products that they don't like nor even care about. I mean, if they bring a proper debate then we can talk. Other than that, it's a waste bro.

Anyway man, hopefully there's more good than bad around here. Peace!

9. Strangelove

Strangelove Member

as someone who has made a career from spinning (on turntables), it kills me seeing things like this associated with DJing

as a producer, how would you feel spending all your time and money on learning how to craft tracks, then one day (and I feel like we're close) someone invents a program in which all u need to do is press a button that spits out a track? and then the public say "we don't care how it's made, we just wanna dance?"

i know people don't wanna know how the sausage is made, but when your soul is imbedded in something it hurts to see it raped without repercussion

but that's just one man's opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

And frankly you've round up your comment the correct way: "but that's just one man's opinion". Anything else is just another useless debate; it's gonna be just that one more endless stream of your opinion vs. my opinion. There are the [for] and the [against]. Based on your comment it is clear we are not sitting on the same side of the table. It's all good as we still individually have our choices and option to invest on the equipment that we feel is best for what we do when we are in a DJ booth.

NAMM 2017-18-19 and so on, will have a new controller or whatever else someone/company thought of for DJing with. It may become the next big thing or it may fall flat out. Regardless though... Me, you or any other DJ will never have a gun in our heads forcing us to buy or adapt it; IT IS A CHOICE!

11. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Constructive Criticism is real in this thread:bow: