Demonoid Busted!.....

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Kookaboo, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Demonoid Busted!.....
    As A Gift To The United States Government

Code:
    http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-busted-as-a-gift-to-the-united-states-government-120806/
    The nightmare week for Demonoid has just reached a huge crescendo, with news coming out of Ukraine
    that following a massive DDoS attack the site has now been busted by local authorities. Those looking
    for a U.S. connection to the raid won’t be disappointed – a source in the country’s Interior Ministry
    says that the action was scheduled to coincide with Deputy Prime Minister Valery Khoroshkovsky’s trip
    to the United States.

R.I.P Demonoid :( :sad: :unsure:

3. light59

light59 Member

Yeah! They got nine lives. The admin of the site is still free, so Demonoid may still come back, It might take awhile!

It was all planned out since June of last year by the Hollywood gang! Put hosters and P2P torrents out of commission (+ issue death threats to their server providers) and the Pirate scene will be dead. The Demonoid sting was seemingly timed to coincide with a meeting between Ukraine’s deputy prime minister [US towel boy] Valeriy Khoroshkovsky (he wants to liberalize the access of Ukrainian goods to the U.S) and U.S. Trade Rep. Ron Kirk. Put it this way - Give us Demonoid and we'll let you import your stuff to us.

The funny thing is that as I'm writing these lines, The National Television and Radio Broadcasting Council of Ukraine (nrada.gov.ua) and the Ukrainian Agency for Copyright and Related Rights (uacrr.kiev.ua) are currently down as a result of a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack launched by Anonymous. In addition, the hackers have turned their attention to the site of the Ukrainian Anti-Piracy Association (apo.kiev.ua). The website is currently offline. He he heh! There are 150 Anons from the IRC participating in the attack because they're following this event on twitter!

Next attack of the Hollywood machine will be against online users (US). It will come through the ISP's providers (the six strikes plan) in a few months from now. So get ready!

PS: Here there is more information:

Demonoid owners under criminal investigation

By Emil Protalinski for Zero Day | August 7, 2012 -- 22:49 GMT (15:49 PDT)

[​IMG]

Demonoid's owners are under criminal investigation in Mexico, where at least one of the site's administrator's was previously rumored to be. We learned just yesterday that Demonoid was busted by Ukrainian authorities who had a talk with ColoCall, the largest datacenter in Ukraine, in the middle of last week.

Last month, a massive Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack brought the site to its knees. Last week, the server was turned off completely and the site led to a dead end. Then it came back to life and started redirecting to random sites full of advertisements. Eventually this stopped and both demonoid.me and demonoid.ph went dead again.

Sergei Burlakov, the Deputy Head of press service at Ukraine's Ministry of Internal Affairs, told Kommersant that the police itself did not have to use force to convince the hosting provider ColoCall. Here is a rough translation of his statement from Russian courtesy of Google Translate, with some grammar fixes:

"The Department of Economic Crimes received an international commission of inquiry from Interpol to send to ColoCall. The owners of Demonoid are being prosecuted in Mexico and the tracker is accused of copyright infringement. We sent a request to the provider, after which the company itself decided not to work with Demonoid."

This action all apparently started a long time ago. In October 2011, authorities carried out a raid in Monterrey, Mexico, with the aim of arresting one of Demonoid's staff and blocking access to the site in the country, according to TorrentFreak. They were reportedly successful.

It's looking less and less likely that Demonoid's administrator will be able to bring the site back one day, as promised. Then again, we're talking about Demonoid, which doesn't seem interested in calling it quits, much like The Pirate Bay.

4. Rolma

Rolma Guest

A horror! :(

5. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Anyone want to invite me to a new Torrent service?

Loved DEMONOID for movies.

I just hope we all wake up and tell the USA to get to fook some time REAL soon!

6. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ My Dear Pilz971 :mates:

[​IMG]

"I can't accept under any circumstances such comments against me !..."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

LOLz StudiBro! :hug:

You hit the nail on the head! It is NOT about the American people.

Just that EVIL BAST*RD Uncle Sam! :(

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i have an invite for scenetime torrent - but its with ratio.

9. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ ArticStorm,

Don't worry... I never had the honor of meeting this 'Mister Ratio', but I'm always open to meeting new people ! *yes*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. ArticStorm

there are ways around i know. i havnt my scenetime account anyway - just looking thru what they have and then download it somewhere else - since i have time and there are enough FTP's in my country where i can download movies from. had one where i could download with 4 MB/s which is really fast.

11. Burg

Burg Newbie

This certainly sucks. And has sucked since they went down.

Can anyone confirm the rumors of phishing/virus etc, by trying to visit the site right now?

Not that there's any reason to do so, but I did once or twice before I knew what was going on.

12. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Ay kud neva akses demonoyd from Jermany.

13. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Again? this isnt the first time lass year there canadian servers where taken down, they where off line for 2 weeks and then re-opened, Also the piratebay.org has been ceased to, another goverment monoply shit thing,
    Econemy is in the worst recession ever, and lets spend all the money on stopping shared/pirate software?????? A-holes there are bigger problems going on in the world... Corperate GREED LIVES ON.........

14. evesixtynine

evesixtynine Newbie

Huh? PB is fine.

Demonoid will resurface.
    Scenetime is okay but boring,
    they could use some help.

15. lisapower

lisapower Member

Demonoid's owners are under criminal investigation?

Don't know why, they did not earn one penny from Files Users are sharing.

Better to go for Monsanto etc.. those are the Criminals. Fucking Governments!

16. light59

light59 Member

Right on. That's absolutely correct. TPB is alive and kicking! There is an interesting video on TPB (look on the front page - can't miss it). This is a must watch about the Motion Picture Association (one of the main perpetrators responsible for the demise of Dem) and what they're doing against the Pirate scene.

Brilliant comment! And don't forget to include Bush, Obama, Blair, Cameron and the international bankers!

17. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

Wiki'd it, wow! Thanks for the info, never knew about that stuff. Thanks for waking me up, gotta live conscious man!

Peace from Amsterdam!

18. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

What do they think? Are we gona buy more because they close those sites, I don´t think so.

Get the Bitche Torrent searcher you´ll find a lot.

These corrupted politicians are all under banks serving. So WE the users, should shut down the banks first.

Banks and speculation are the real disease, the rest are only consequences.

19. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

heard that they selling their domain name on SEDO... :sad:

20. ArticStorm

ohhh shit - looks really not good :(

21. light59

light59 Member

Loosing a domain is not the end of the road, it can be gotten again with a slightly modified name! Back in 2009, Demonoid was shut down after it had experienced some power outages that caused memory failures. Demonoid has had a series of rough patches before, but none of them has managed to completely shut it down. The website’s admin, however, claims that it will be brought back to life at some point: “If Im going to fix it I have to do it properly. That means upgrading a lot of our 7 year old hardware and maybe bringing up the beta only.”

Now, the admin claims that he has received some offers from individuals who wanted to help out with the fixing process, but he states that he can’t afford giving too many privileges to “a stranger.” “You know how it goes with Demonoid. It might take a while but it will come back,” he said.

So, we have no choice but to wait and see what happens! :grooves: