Demo Track (Deep house) would like all the criticism I can get

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by DPA, Jan 5, 2022.

1. DPA

DPA Ultrasonic

I would say it is about 90% done, the missing thing is vocal during the track which is the hardest part for me , the end has some vocals. The vibe is something like Disclosure or Zhu I would say idk.
    Please roast my mix and my arrangement and sound design.

3. SpyFx ✪ ✓

SpyFx ✪ ✓ Audiosexual

Hi @DPA :bow:,I like this track :) :bow:

^ Sounds to me more like Zhu than Disclosure (imho)
    ^ I like the sound design/sounds you used in this track, spot on for a production like this one :bow:
    I would chose a different kick a more bass one/or boost it bass wise,i would bring the clap a bit down in the mix, and eq the hi hats/bring them down a bit also/a bit bright :bow:
    I like the arrangement :like:,you could play with reverb/fx for the build ups,to glue the sections of the track more & bring the energy up a bit (details imho).
    Thank you for sharing & have a great day ! :wink: :bow:

4. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

Not bad, needs more atmospherics, keep it from being a bit... plain. BUT I like the broken-beat break style ( could use more ghost hits), the vocals at the end were pretty decent (are u gonna use these vocals throughout the track?).
    And it's short... I come from th era where dance music was a 6-7 minute production extravaganza, give people time to find the groove and stay locked, is this supposed to be radio-friendly? Also not sure if the kick fits, it's not bad, but I think u can find a better one. Not bad all in all, just won't be making heads turn for your creativity, I think.

5. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

this alarm sound :rofl:or whatever it is , is completely wrong in its place ... otherwise a good base ... something can come of it

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  6. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Why pan that hat to the left in the beginning? LCR panning sounds so bad

7. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

Too many ideas from too many genres in a single song (this is not deep and is not house). Finish it and move on, polish your craft. Right now sounds like you got elements from all your favourite music genres which is not bad, but doesn't give a proper direction (nor identity) to the song - it just floating in a limbo, with no ups & downs

8. DPA

DPA Ultrasonic

@SpyFx ✪ ✓ Thanks for the feedback! Thought as well claps were a bit loud but didn't think hats were loud but I guess they are. Still practicing mixing things, developing ear as I'm 2 years in to this hobby :)

9. DPA

DPA Ultrasonic

@B00nD0ggie Not sure about radio friendly just thought the arrangement fits 3:30 mark not sure yet. I agree on the kick. The plan was to make a song with vocals like from the end of the song but make them fit the entire song, not sure yet how will it end up.

10. recycle

recycle Guest

Latin Selecta Reggaeton RMX

11. DPA

DPA Ultrasonic

To be honest, no idea, does it make it sound bad?

12. DPA

DPA Ultrasonic

I can understand this fully and appreciate this feedback! I'm still struggling with direction, but in the end everything I make sounds very simillar, I guess It's developing slowly not sure yet.

13. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

Perhaps, but it is a form of house, and deep at that. Morgan Page championed the sound almost 20 years ago.

14. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

I'm not strange of electronic music genres. You miss a lot of subtleties/details when you compare your own music with your example. Just make more music, is the only way to sharpen your senses

15. StUtOpi4

StUtOpi4 Producer

some ideas for you.. use a reference track "always". If you are going to quote some genre specifically then the sounds and arrangment style need to map accordingly. think about transitional FX. I hope that helps. Stu.

16. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

Um...ok?

17. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Yea it does on headphones, you should center it and use M/S imaging if needed