Demo mode after updating Kontakt 6 Player

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by jrotier16, Apr 1, 2021.

1. jrotier16

jrotier16 Newbie

Hey guy's,

sorry to create an other topic about Kontakt and Cracked Librairies but after several hours searching around forums, I saw nothing about my problem.

First of all, a few days ago my setup was working perfectly. I had a cracked full version of Kontakt 5 with the "add library" button and when I did that, it automatically showed up on my legit Kontakt 6 player.

But here's the fun part, I had the great idea to update this player through my Native Access 2 days ago. Since now, every cracked libraries are in DEMO in my Kontakt 6 Player, and they are also in my Native Access. I tried to uninstall everything but still ...

Please, do someone has a solution about that ? Many thank's :)

Jey

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Welcome to AS!
    So you must be on macOS, right? Because you are using the K5 way?
    But wait, you are also using Portable, which is Windows only! And has an AddLib app too.
    So what is going on here?
    You're not! lol. And there are no such things as cracked libraries, only shared libraries and cracked Kontakt.
    Use the right keywords in the Search facility and you will be surprised and humbled!
    Not fun. Wrong move.
    Oh. Well I would have told you to do that, and delete all the .xml files and start all over again.
    But seeing as you have already tried it, I have no idea.. Sorry.

4. jrotier16

jrotier16 Newbie

Thank's for this fast answer ! Yeah, I'm on an iMac.
    Well, I don't know what is Portable to be honest. I remember just an old topic 3 years ago explaining the method I was using until this issue.

I used Appcleaner, not sure it has deleted the .xml files.

Should I try to uninstall Kontakt 6 player and use a cracked one along my Kontakt 5 version ?

5. Smoove Grooves

Yes. Kontakt player is not cracked!
    On macOS we all mostly use 5.6.0 to add libraries (some use 5.6.6) and this method works fine with all K6 versions.
    I really don't know how you have installed or even used the portable because it's for Windows only!

Edit: Oh hang on!
    I bet you think the standalone is the "portable", eh?
    It's not. We need the standalone and the plugin versions! That is Kontakt.
    And you need a standalone of 5.6.0, and the standalone and plugins of K6.

6. jrotier16

jrotier16 Newbie

I don't use standalone, I've got Kontakt 5.6.6 cracked as an AU on Logic, and the legit Kontakt 6 player also inside the DAW.

I was wondering if I can uninstall legit Kontakt 6 to download a cracked full version of Kontakt 6 and use it along my 5.6.6 ?
    If not, I think I'm gonna try to uninstall everything again...

7. Smoove Grooves

You do. You have to add library with K5 standalone! Not in the plugin version! Ever. And don't have two versions open at the same time.
    Legit Kontakt 6?
    Uninstall it! :deep_facepalm:
    It's the fact you are trying to run legit and non-legit.
    You only need to be using both if you have old projects that used K5, but just replace with K6 in the project and save.
    You have Little Snitch on your system for when you are online?
    I think the fact you think libraries are cracked when they aren't is why you thought you could play shared libs in legit Kontakt!