Deleting Users From C Drive

Discussion in 'PC' started by superliquidsunshine, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Hello Sisters and Brothers, I hope all is well at your personal universal coordinates this moment of existence!

I had a few issues in the past with my computer and needed to create two newer users at different times in order to be able to keep on keeping on. Now, I am running out of drive space, I am down to about 14%, and would ask the well informed among you if it would be OK to delete the previous two incarnations of myself in order to free up approximately 20 gigs of much needed space.

Thank you for your time and expertise. Please, have a beer or a doobie on me!

Sincerely...

SLS

[​IMG]

3. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

Hi sir,
    One thing I suggest in the first place is make a backup image of your drive before deleting anything in case you need anything from the accounts you want to delete.

Second, yes it is safe to delete users that are not used anymore. What OS are you using ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

The goal is to delete the user profile first and then the user account. The profile will delete the system folders pertaining to the specific user.
    Deleting the profile will (should) empty My Documents, My Pictures, etc.... of that specific user

In windows 7 right click My computer - Properties - Advance System Parameters - User Profile - Click Properties - Select the user and click Delete.

Then to delete the user account you need to go in Control Panel - User Account and delete the account.

To regain more space I would also suggest to delete the restore points.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Hi SLS.

Deleting the 2 out of date accounts should be OK, providing you never installed anything on those accounts which said (install for this account only) because then you will need to re-install those items.

6. Thank you gentlemen, just wanted to bounce it off the righteous walls of the Audiosex knowledge base. Thank you very much for your time.

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Brother-man, check the My Documents folder and copy all custom configured presets, projects and documents to your new profile.
    I would also check the Program Data, Program Files &(x86) for plugin settings you may need to tranfer.

8. Thank you Master Pinkman! I have already done so and have been using the current user as the prime for a while now and everything is running smoothly, thank goodness. Somehow other users became corrupted and so I needed to create still others. My i7i 3770 is about 4 years old now but is chugging away nicely. I will hopefully pump some energy into a newer, shinier model within the next 6 to 8 months.

Peace Out

[​IMG]

9. cemster

cemster Member

Hi Pinkman,
    You mention that you have a band-aid fix for
    Plogue ARIA Engine v1.872
    although Windows 10 here, could you send me one too...
    Thank you

See I had no choice but to chase you around ;)