Deleting files but retaining the labeled folders they are in?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Donut Nyamer, Jun 23, 2021.

1. jkst

jkst Kapellmeister

Total commander. It can do almost anything regarding files & folders manipulation (rename, move, delete) and much much more. Indispensable swiss army knife if you're on windows.

2. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I am not sure...I am just starting to mess with Reaper Portable. OK, I do not see a way outside the GUI to do it, but I do think their method looks good ... it looks better organized than Studio One did, that's for sure - LOL

I began with Cakewalk & using their built-in organizer, and recall it took me quite a while to set up back then.
    Just recently I installed BandLab, and it is the same as i recalled, but I have stopped installing any VST2 so there is less to sort.

Actually I install the VST2 versions to check existence of all same in VST3, but then just delete VST2 so they are not scanned.
    So long as it has a VST3 that works fine, that eliminates all the duplicate VST2 versions to sort out of the rest when organizing.

3. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Sorry, I have no idea why I just brainlessly assumed you used Reaper or forgot which thread/section I'm in when I posted that.

I thought I was missing something when trying to search for way to re-organize my Reaper plugins to my liking but I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't seem to find a way to do it.

Same though, I just got into Reaper yesterday but I'm enjoying my time with it more than I was last night. I'm honestly probably going to buy it at my next opportunity and not wait the 60 days.