delete watermark by creating your own KNT library

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by miguel88, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. miguel88

miguel88 Member

Hi

I would like to know if I download some samples library that is watermark,most are watermarked on the nki files with id so in case I only get their samples and I create a nki with kontakt (by creating my own samples library with their samples) the watermark is not gonna show on audio cause the nki is new one?

is that correct? or the system is totally different?

Thanks

3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

What you suggest seems too easy: I wouldn't be surprised if the watermark was also included in some of the Wav files as well.
    At least, that's what I would do if I was trying to protect my lib.

4. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

They're ton of existing ways for developer to watermark their products. In general into .wav (or worst, into .ncw about Kontakt 5 banks). Using analyzers, EQs, filters, audio editors or RX 5, or something like, will not be enough/efficient (some watermarks may be hidden in useful frequencies ranges). Sometimes coded at many locations (lures). Very easy to implement, complex to discover & remove. The only way to discover them is to compare same bank but coming from two differents sources (from two different legit customers, and of course, same version).

To try to answer to Miguel, NKIs is too easy to "recopy" and "recreate" from scratch (to be sure they're no WM in your), especially from full unlocked Kontakt. Exactly same principle applicable to wavetable synths soundbanks: preset can be reproduced by "copying" same (synthesis) parameters, but to new instance (starting from Init) btw watermarking is more efficient when is located in wavetable(s) instead of preset/patch.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  5. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

the only ones who knows about where the watermarks are completly are the developer themselves , removing watermarks from kontakt 4/5 nki Instruments , good luck

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Watermarks are a myth,a tactic to scare people.
    Even if the files were somehow watermarked,they would get lost between other audio files and trough the mixing process with editing tools.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. MozartEstLa

Like William Shakespeare said (Hamlet piece): To be, or not to be, that is the question...
    Like poker: may be bluff, may be watermarked, may be not... reality... legend... both...

8. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

i see you have no idea how Kontakt Library Watermarking works , and its definetly not a myth or tactic to scare people , just upload yourselves an watermarked kontakt library from the big developer and you will see one day later that they found that your copy are uploaded to warez .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You would be amazed how many pro artists use warez,even the very succesfull ones,have no idea why they dont buy but its the way it is.
    Many pro studio engineers use warez,have no idea why since they could afford it but thats how it is.
    Countless songs on the radio playing with warez material,havent seen any arests lately.
    Its a myth,Hanibal ad portas,to scare of little children before sleepy time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

If there was only one case where allegedly watermarked sample libraries had lead to a copyright infringement claim, it would be all over the internet.
    There is none.
    There is no watermarking.
    Quit the scare tactics.

https://audiosex.pro/threads/what-a...u-guys-found-a-way-to-actually-hear-it.21735/
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/waterm....pro/threads/watermarks-in-audio-files.13897/
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/watermarks-in-audio-files.13897/

@TinTin what you are talking about is fingerprinting.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. peghead

peghead Platinum Record

As far as I know watermarking exists only in the digital domain.
    If that is the case, run your audio through a decent DA/AD converter and watermarking is gone.

12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

This is the guy that tracks down all the watermarked library users,you cant hide from him.
    This poor fella in the video was using mere a 50$ warez trumpet library.

13. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

you dont have any idea , dont fill this thread with bullshit

14. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

you also have no idea how kontakt watermarking works , upload a watermarked library and you will know it after i´m sure

15. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

At least I know the difference between fingerprinting and watermarking :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

So true, i see so many ''Pro's'' with warez. It is unbelievable.
    But the fingerprinting technology is also used for paying out the owners/performers.
    I am not sure but if you tweaked it a bit the fingerprint is still detected.
    Because you have a platform like Ebay for ghost producers, and they are using this technique to avoid having different tracks with the same samples in it.
    So first come first serve ^^.

17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Fingerprinting may be in the data,that has no relevance to the audio files themselves.
    A unique ID that is delivered to each customer and could be tracked down,so if that library would get used publicly,they could merely track down the original owner,the one who supplied the library and he would be the one either blocked from further deals with that company or taken to court...that is all in theory ofcourse....

18. miguel88

miguel88 Member

in other plugins likes vst or au normally they dont have any watermark o any type of logo so in that case is safe but a lot of Kontakt libraries have a watermark and if you song is play on radio or tv with a warez material they gonna know, but not all libraries do I thin Native instrument libraries are not watermark

19. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

I currently work in a fairly big studio that has released several times tracks which included pirated stuff. Even if we ended up buying some of the things we used enough times to consider it worth, the "watermarked" songs are already released, and in two years (since I've started working there) I have never seen any consequence.

20. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

because audiofiles on Kontakt Librarys are most of the time to 98 percent not watermarked .

anyway there are so many people which have real no idea , i´m out of this thread , believe what you think to believe

21. MozartEstLa

Some VST/VSTi have abilities to insert watermark based on png image, Image-Line Harmor can do (they videos about on YT). Maybe your license key or customer ID (small data, more difficult to detect) can be present on output of your plugin (instrument or effect). Also small libs (Kontakt or sample pack) can be watermarked, and big/expensive not, it's not a math rule IMO.