[DELETE THIS THREAD; DISCONTINUED]

Discussion in 'Software News' started by mild pump milk, Aug 13, 2015.

?

Is this huge thread really useful for you? Do you really want to see any news about REAPER5?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2016.
  1. Yes, I want to see all updates, betas, roadmap, other info about REAPER5, extensions etc.

47 vote(s)
    79.7%
  2. No, f*kc that! Enuff! Stop collecting 100 pages for this thread! It is hard to read and useless

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. I don't care, I use REAPER 2.0 and older! and it is much more than enough!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never! I want to see updates only for StudioOne, Cubase, Live, ProTools, FL, MOTU, Logic and Bitwig

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. hmmmmm....dunno

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

Ok, let's say you can't ignore that.
    Can you ignore this?:
    "your link is about latest official one - 5.18,
    Where are all 35 pre-releases for 5.20 and posterior 10 betas for 5.20? I don't see it there.
    This post is for those who want to know about latest stuff they are working on, latest betas. People can try latest beta.
    And. Your link and my link are different. Your one is from reaper site, mine is from reaper's beta site. And they don't post pre/beta/rc new stuff on official site.
    Also, if this is useless (copypasting form sites and posting it here), so other news about other software are useless too. We can just post links on all "ver1.0.0 software" and this is it - let all the people here do research about "new versions and updates" by themselves."

But we're going off-topic here and I want to read more updates (suspect I'm not the only one) so this is the end of debate for me.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Amirious, sorry for that "blind", please. Didn't want to do that. I think everything is OK. Respect to all. I am going to proceed posting here all the new stuff about Reaper 5, its extensions like SWS, etc. Because this forum about software news.

3. Ankit

Ankit Guest

It's convenient to have news about softwares and updates because I can't go and check 50-60 websites everyday..

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

as you can he apologized. dont know why everybody is always so aggressive in the last months?
    or i am just more chilled?

anyway i find it useful and always keeping checking this topic and see what new in reaper.

5. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

A few pages back, the OP has asked if this thread was useful to anybody and if he should continue posting, people said YES. Including me. Maybe you did not have plans to hijack the thread, but you did it anyway. Your opinion is irrelevant in this case. If this thread was useless, there are mods who take care of such things, and they would close/delete it. So why does a simple thread about Reaper updates bother a person to the point, where he must come here and start to whine about it? Now that is really pointless. You've probably got a lot of free time on your hands, Amirious, and there must be ways to use your time more practically. We are ok btw, don't worry about us :)

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. mild pump milk

So, I'll post here, because it has a lot of views, it means people still visit this thread)

v5.20beta11a - May 1 2016
    # Notation editor: more ledger line fixes

v5.20beta11 - May 1 2016
    # Notation editor: don't over-render ledger lines when multiple voices are off the same side of the staff
    # Notation editor: fix trill ornament display on unselected notes
    # Notation editor: tweak proportional spacing mode
    # Notation: quantize notation and lyrics prior to layout [t=176260] ... there is potential for unexpected side effects

7. mild pump milk

v5.20rc1 - May 2 2016
    # MIDI editor: enable double-click note insert in the same position as an existing, not editable note from another media item [p=1676366]
    # MIDI editor: if selection is linked to both visibility and editability, changing editability also changes visibility
    # Notation editor: avoid unnecessary scroll when moving pitch cursor [p=1676283]
    # Notation editor: draw grace notes at their actual time position (not offset to the left)
    # Notation editor: fix lyric dialog behavior when displaying multiple tracks
    # Notation editor: more consistent scrolling in projects with tempo changes [p=1676462]
    # OSX: removed a PostMessage/Destroy fix from 5.20 release, will return for 5.21pre1
    # Peaks: removed various peaks fixes from 5.20 release, will return for 5.21pre1

8. mild pump milk

v5.20rc3 - May 5 2016
    # MIDI editor: fix behavior of track dropdown (was not displaying all media items on the track)
    # MIDI editor: rationalized options when using one editor per project (preferences and menus now match)
    # Notation editor: avoid drawing artifacts when switching from multiple tracks to a single track [p=1677394]
    # Notation editor: display transposed pitch name but untransposed MIDI note value in status box [p=1677583]
    # Notation editor: fix some custom clef issues [p=1677453]

v5.20rc2 - May 4 2016
    + VST: show shell plug-in scanning details when performing manual rescan
    # Notation editor: fix some tuplet bugs
    # Notation editor: fixed mousewheel vertical scroll direction

9. mild pump milk

v5.20rc4 - May 7 2016
    + ReaScript: prevent memory leak [t=176582]
    # Notation editor: fix hand-scroll when vertical scrollbar is showing [p=1677782]
    # Notation editor: fix some lyric/notation display quantize issues [p=1678387]
    # Notation editor: fix editing start/end of crescendo/diminuendo
    # Notation editor: improve behavior when adjusting pitch of notes that have clef set
    # Notation editor: set display transposition properly for inactive tracks [p=1677966]

10. mild pump milk

added a poll to vote (better than question I've posted about it, now we can see results on the first page and decide either close this thread or not).

first line of response will be considered as: positive
    second line: negative
    third line: neutral/negative
    fourth line: negative
    fifth line: neutral

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  11. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

I support this thread, but voting "yes" for yourself is lame, don't you think? It's not like you would vote "no" anyway, would you? Of course you vote "yes", no question. I guess, let other people decide if it's useful or not. And I don't see how this thread is useful to you since you get to know about Reaper updates and news from a difference source, not this page. You copy/paste it from some Reaper changelog page, I reckon. You're kinda odd with all this.

12. mild pump milk

ok) my vote changed to neutral "hmm..dunno")

13. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

you get mine instead)

14. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

I'll try to explain my point of view using my bad English.
    Maybe sharing is useful for the people who share, the thing is, you feel something good when you share. The usefulness is not the knowledge, in this case. "You only get what you give".
    Maybe the guy wants to see REAPER updates in AudioSex, not only in his computer.
    And if you really believe on what you're doing, well, yes, you have the right to vote for yourself.
    Peace.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

With all due respect, Revirau, that's a nice load of self-indulgent bullshit.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  16. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Thank you for this thread. Ive been a reaper user since version 3. I own a version 5 license as well. This thread helps to remind me that the new betas and rc's are out. There is no official news on the reaper site for these releases. I tend to check for new ones when I can remember, but am thankful for this thread because it reminds me when I forget to check. Also I appreciate the changelog as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. mild pump milk

Extra info:
    You should know guys, that FIRST POST is always updated as well, showing changes for the latest beta(s), latest stable/official version, latest sws extension and a bit more.

18. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

There is no respect on that, but I couldn't care less.
    Be well.

19. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Thanks for the Reaper thread!

20. mild pump milk

v5.20rc5 - May 9 2016
    # Notation editor: better handling of MIDI items that override project tempo
    # Notation editor: display project tempo changes correctly even if individual MIDI items are set to ignore project tempo
    # Notation editor: use last selected note velocity for new notes