Delete some instrument of a library?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Highdom, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

I usually select and keep only the instrument I really need of any library i install in my Kontakt 5.5.2.
    For istance, in a Strings Library i need only the Violin1 and not the Violin2, so I go to the folder and delete violin2.nki...

But the problem is: how to optimize this process deleting also the samples that violins2 used? How to understand where samples of a specific .nki is stored in a library?

Thanks!

3. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

You should save the instrument you want (nki + samples) and then delete all the other files.

4. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

I see, easier than what I was thinking!
    Thanks!

5. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

This works if the samples are not encrypted - if you're dealing with tomes it's not possible to separate specific sample sets from the rest of the tome(s) they occupy, AFAIK, though some incrypted libs are conveniently separated into individual tomes for different instrument groups, articulations, etc and these can be copied selectively. For libs that aren't encrypted, the samples are often separated into subfolders so it's not that difficult to separate whatever subsets you want. In either case you just have to be clear about what the folder and file names mean, as they're often abbreviated.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  6. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

You just have to look in the samples folder and see how it is arranged. Often you can eliminate certain obvious sections and not affect the ones you want to keep. The instrument .nki's don't take up any space but the samples obviously do. Basically you move the unwanted samples to the trash and then before emptying, test the instruments you want to keep to make sure all the patches you want still load.