Delete Mixer Channels from Multi Out Instrument

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, Oct 18, 2023.

1. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

hi , I use two different templates with Studio one.
    The first I use to build beats and the other for mixing, in the second template I mix only wav tracks.

In my "build" template is an impact XT for my drums sounds, this impact xt has all 16 outputs routed to 16 inputs in the mixer.
    Now it is sometimes so that I do not need all 16 channels but maybe only 10.

Suppose I have finished the beat and now I want to export all the used tracks so I can mix them in my other template, I click on Export and select the folder where the tracks will be saved as WAV files....so far so good.

Unfortunately, I also export 6 empty tracks, because I have not used them in Impact XT, but they are in my template.

Is there an elegant way not to export these empty tracks ?

Of course, you could now look at which tracks in the entire song are not addressed and delete them manually or rename so that you know which tracks you do not select in the export window, but that's pretty awkward in my opinion.