Delay Compensation in cracked Cubase

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by apenser, May 23, 2021.

1. apenser

apenser Noisemaker

What is the big deal with Delay Compensation in cracked Cubase?
    Is really that bad of a problem if you already have a high quality interface to record audio with?

3. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

you should elaborate on where you see a context between delay compensation, the quality of our interface, and cracked software.

4. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

To be honest, if you have a high quality interface, why bother pissing around with software that is going to impact what you are doing anyway??? If you want to use Cubase, buy it, if you want to save money and use cracked software, plenty of other options out there, but to have a high quality interface (which is it? Most are more than capable these days), why limit it with problematic software solutions?

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I assume you're speaking of the plugin delay aka latency compensation. Well, this has nothing to do with your soundcard only with the programming of the DAW.
    The latency of the soundcard, on the other hand, depends on the soundcard and its drivers.

6. midnight_mix

midnight_mix Newbie

The plugin delay compensation in cracked cubase doesn't work. I have 10.5 pro, and that's the version I can speak for, the newer 11 pro and stuff I don't know. Basically what it does is really nice.
    If a plugin (for example soothe 2) needs time to process the incoming signal and can't process it in real-time! So if the plugin needs lets say a 100 ms of processing time then cubase should automatically delay all other tracks 100 ms so that all of them start at the same time. This doesn't work in cracked cubase but a workaround is to use the latency monitor in the mixer to see how much total ms of latency a track has. Then you can manually compensate for the latency by writing the negative of the same number of milliseconds. This can be found below the panning slider

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List