Deepmind owners I need your help

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by KINGBORBOS, Jun 9, 2022.

1. KINGBORBOS

KINGBORBOS Newbie

The poly mode note priority on my deepmind 12d is set to prioritize the notes already playing so if I use up all 12 voices it doesn't let me play new notes. I've tried fixing it from the settings but it doesn't let me switch it (even know I know it should. I was wondering if maybe factory reseting it would fix this cause I bought it used so maybe the previous dude did some weird shit. I kinda don't wanna lose all my sweet presets for no reason tho so I need y'all guidance my brothers. Have any of you come across this problem before?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I do not have a Deepmind, but if I was in your boat with that synth I would Midi dump the Presets/data to your computer as System Exclusive data; or .mid. That way you can save your presets, then factory reset the unit, and then send the presets back if you decide to do that.

This is the first thing I would do with any used synth I intend to keep. Behringer probably have a little utility program you can get from their website; or you can use a Midi Librarian/Utility program like MidiOx or Bome. Usually other users will recommend one method/program more than others depending on your computer OS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

User Support Bulletin - Calibration Procedure - Introduction

Selected parameters are adjusted using the -/NO or +/YES switches, the rotary knob or the DATA ENTRY fader.
    The rotary knob has a click which allows very accurate control. The fader allows rapid adjustment across the full range.

1.) To navigate the options in the CALIBRATION menu, use the BANK/UP or BANK/DOWN switches.

2.) The CALIBRATION menu in the SYSTEM SETTINGS menu allows you to perform CALIBRATION of the VOICES, MOD WHEEL,
    PITCH WHEEL, AFTERTOUCH and PEDAL INPUT.

3.) In order to start a calibration routine, make sure that the '<' symbol on the appropriate CALIBRATE line is highlighted, and then press the +/YES switch.

Calibration Voices / Read more in the attached PDF:

Attached Files:

5. trutzburg

trutzburg Kapellmeister

Maybe the previous owner had more than one DM12 and used this one in Polychain mode.
    From the manual: "Note: PRIORITY is not available as an option when in POLY CHAIN mode
    because excess notes are played on other DeepMind 12 units in the Poly
    Chain. (See the CHAIN PARAMETERS MENU)".
    How to access the Chain Parameters Menu is described in Chapter 8.4.5 of the manual.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. trutzburg

trutzburg Kapellmeister

Sorry, the message in this post belonged elsewhere...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022