dedicated to those who think dj's r musicians

Discussion in 'humor' started by duskwings, Dec 11, 2012.

1. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

ron mate,u dont wanna understand,the people u quoted can be the best musicians in the world,and probably for someone they r,when they make music,but when they go djing they re doing something else,it s not so difficult to understand.

2. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Bro, after duskwings last answer, it is clear and apparent that even if the fact to be presented to him on a silver platter, he would still find a way to say it isn't so. Just read all his post on this thread, even after I explicitly list DJ's known by facts to be musicians. The guy still coming out with some rubbish "the fact that a dj can have musical skills doesn't t mean he is a musician when he dj's,u re a musician when u make music,u re not a musician when u don't make music." I mean, are we in elementary here?

I don't care what the skills are, duskwings only have to understand this little fact: Human being can have multiple skills and perform them as they need to.
    The same person can be a producer in the studio, a mastering engineer in the mastering room, a DJ in the booth, simple as that as long as they have the know how for all noted. So, away with that bull crap that a DJ can't be this or that.As if once you are a DJ then automatically you are limited to be just that. Limited by who, by what, GOD? Man, please!!!

Studio, duskwings is the type of person when you are in a debate with, you provide the facts, but then they turn around trying to construct their opinions into facts? Well, you just stand up, shake your legs, walk away and never look back.

3. duskwings

oh god,lets see if u understand it this way: u can be bach for what i care but if u build a stool nobody gives a flying fuck if u wrote the brandeburgishe konzert.
    again,while u dj u re not making music,u did while writing,producing,playing your instruments whatever they r,then u go djing and during this action u re not making music,then u go home,or wherever u want,u start writing,producing,playing your instruments whatever they r and u re making music again.
    but if u dj u re not being a musician,while u dj u re doing something that doesn t define u as a musician,in fact u re being a musician,and if there s a thing that pisses me off is when a dj says he's playing music while he djs,he s not,he may have done it before,he may do it later,but if u re making a living as a dj,ure not making a living as a musician

4. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Now, you actually bordering stupidity... sorry but that's the only word I could find.
    Let's go straight to the point. You've opened a thread title " dedicated to those who think dj's r musicians" with a video of led Zeppelin attached to it, demonstrating what are considered being a musician. When Alage answered: "" I feel the whole club scene is people who can't play, using stuff from people who can, for people who can't dance. Real dancers and musicians know there is more to dancing than techno beats." Your response? "Amen". Nowhere, so far in your post it is explaining your definition of "Dj's" other than it is a diss.
    A few posts down, you went out with some rant on rappers and samples. While at it, your stance on DJ's? "DJ's are even worse"
    When I wrote a whole block of paragraph with facts to show that a DJ can be many things in one. Your response?
    "the fact that a dj can have musical skills doesn t mean he is a musician when he dj's,u re a musician when u make music,u re not a musician when u don t make music."

Now, you either don't get it, you don't see how you slide off, swinging left and right and not straight. OR, you simply can't let go of the fact that DJ's (with the skills) can be musisicians.

Again, your last example: "the people u quoted can be the best musicians in the world,and probably for someone they r,when they make music,but when they go djing they re doing something else"
    My dude, come on? You trying to flip away from your original thread and stance on the matter. Nah!! you ain't gonna play me like that. The thread is here to prove it.
    Even Algae and all the other guys who jumped in and put more spice in your favor has to wonder what exactly this guy was talking about then?

Anyway man, I'll stand by the facts and the facts only.

Music will be here for a long time to come (I hope). I'll bump it regardless if it's a musician or a DJ who produces it, as long as I like it.
    Honestly that whole musician/DJ, PC/Mac, Mercedes/BMW, Mac/Burger King, real this/fake that? waste and negative energy. I should have just not even bother because at the end, it's like why? Heck!! The music continues and we make our choices.

God bless!!

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

I must admit that I can only be agree with 'Lord Gaga'...

Even if he acted and will act through other roles, 'The Great Clint' will stay forever 'Dirty Harry' !!! :wink: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This was for the joke ! *yes*

6. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Man, that's what I tried in a longer way to explain to him when I took example of Bt. unfortunately, he still didn't get it. But with your short example of "If you are a doctor, you stay a doctor. Even when you wash your car", if he doesn't get it, then I don't what it'll take. Yea, I moved on.

7. duskwings

if u re a doctor u remain a doctor even when u wash your car,true,but if ure a doctor and make a living washing cars being a doctor is useless for what u do,being a surgoen won t make the cars cleaner.
    then,u can say whatever u want,but if there weren t musicians djs wouldn t exist.
    u brought the example of djs who r also musicians,this explains itself,they re bith things,this involves that u admit that musicians and djs's r two sepatate things.

8. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Lord Gaga,

It could be the case... because as sung in a famous hit of the early 80's : "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life..." (by 'Indeep') :break:

Once again a bad joke ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9. duskwings

aw god,i hope not

10. mindpassfilter

mindpassfilter Member

I produced music for 9 years before I started DJing in nightclubs and underground warehouse parties (obviously electronic music). I have played the piano for 22 years and I hold a bachelor of science in music, which I would say qualifies me as a musician. I was always making mixtapes of my favorite songs when I was a kid (and still do), a common precursor of a DJ. That said, after the first time I got my hands on a set of tables and a DJ mixer, I fell in love.

I don't want to get into the politics of the subject or be judgemental. From my experience in both fields, a musician and a DJ serve mutually exclusive functions in the music industry.

A musician creates the music for performance and distribution purposes.

A DJ (initially) was the personality that marketed the music created by musicians to the appropriate audience. Now that the DJ role has clout, these personalities are marketed as artists as well in hopes to sell records.

A traditional DJ is just there to play what people ask for - that's it. A performance DJ is one nerve racking job; more so than any live music performance I've ever done. But that's what I liked so much about it, was the adrenaline rush of mixing 174 bpm electronic music on the fly to a group of brain-fried hooligans on equipment that I've never seen before! Some of the best times of my life. After a few tracks the mix comes so natural and time seems to slow down...a feeling of being in the zone. Random tracks seem to come from out of nowhere but they were the perfect selection at the time.

A wonderful feeling my friends - one that can only be experienced by the DJ.