Decompiling Kontakt Libraries & Converting To Soundfont or DirectWave

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by mclarensteven, Aug 29, 2015.

1. mclarensteven

mclarensteven Noisemaker

Hi World,

Recently an idea spawned to attempt to decompile a kontakt library. I want to convert it to a soundfont or directwave supported format. I have seen soundfonts that have succeeded in recreating or converting a high end kontakt library like project sam or the latter. My goal is obviously to be able to minimize CPU usage and be able to minimize storage space of all these libraries and instruments that I don't need. Do any of you have any experience or have attempted to do this? (hopefully with some success)

So far I'm going to try grabbing one of the latest recommended crack versions of Kontakt to load up lets say orchestral essentials, then see if I can figure out how to convert or decrypt the patches so they can then be converted using a tool like chickensys.

I've also noticed that some nki.'s can be automatically converted to directwave but others can't. Hopefully this spawns some knowledge from those that have the experience. If you don't mind catching me up to speed, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mc

3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

good luck , and i also wish you much much free time to try , and do that it sounds the same as before

why not simple and batch resave to Ni´s ncw format ? and also why not just simple delete those librarys you don´t need ?

4. mclarensteven

mclarensteven Noisemaker

Sure I'm in the middle of organizing some 10TB's of content. Though right now I'm trying to figure out a viable method for conversion. I don't need them to necessarily be perfectly converted. More this will give me some more headway in some of my productions which max out my 32 gig i7 dual quad core. Thanks for your reply.

Any one else that wishes to shed some light, willing to compensate you for your time.

5. Danny C

Danny C Newbie

I know this is from the dead, but I'm dealing with this issue at the moment and it seems like the canonical way of doing this now is with an autosampler, of which FL Studio luckily includes one - Directwave channel sampler - https://www.image-line.com/fl-studi...gins/DirectWave.htm#DirectWave_ChannelSampler - or 3rd party programs like discodsp bliss and chicken systems translator's autosampler that do the same thing. It looks like there is no way to convert the more advanced features like scripting.

6. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

If you just need the samples, why not re-save the Kontakt library from within Kontakt, but disable compression? Should get you all the samples as .wav