Decluttering Sample Pack Folder (for drums)

Discussion in 'samples' started by ricbm710, Oct 27, 2023.

1. ricbm710

ricbm710 Producer

Hello folks, during the last weeks I've been cleaning up my PC from rarely used Software. I'm just keeping my favorite synths such as Serum and Diva. My favorite sample libraries such as Electric Mint and Session Horns.
    I realized there were pieces of Software that I was never going to have the time to get to know well.

I want to do the same with sample packs which I use mostly for drum hits / loops and FX. I'm not into ready made melodies nor songstarter chords.

Question is, in your opinion which are the most solid drum sample pack makers without any specific genre in mind? Some of my favorites are Splice, Samplephonics, The Loop Loft, Sample Magic.

There are others that I feel they have too many recycled sounds such as Cymatics, Zenhiser, Origin Sound. It's like they are overexploiting the same genres with similar packs.

Let me know which are your essential ones for general purpose.