December 19th, 2015 - One of the biggest AudioWarez days ever?

Discussion in 'Software' started by charliekerper, Dec 20, 2015.

1. charliekerper

charliekerper Member

Goodness Gracious.

AudioUtopia.

Reminded me of Radium, Paradox or H20 days.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

good of you are a protools user perhaps..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. masterj

masterj Ultrasonic

inb4 "but protools sucks! Lol cmon ableton 4ever amirite guise? dnt forget my new edm mixtape is free on soundcloud!"

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Every time AZ goes down good things happen lol

6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

yeah, a few nice VST but mostly a pro tools day...No way I'm using that turd in a bag for free... its just downright ugly and uncomfortable to use.

Ive seen bigger days for Live\VST users.

Thanks anyway.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  7. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I guess you could say that. That and May 25th, 2015 as well. OpenSSH shit on iLok's face for us mac users on that day. Now windows finally had their day. :wink:

8. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Although I'm a mac user and this is mainly a Pro Tools party, the memorable thing is the defeat of Ilok. I have PT legit and it also means we get screwed up by the advent of Ilok3. Anyway, the so-called impossible was accomplished and brought a big corporate monster to its knees. Let's see how this all turns out.

9. masterj

masterj Ultrasonic

BWAHAHAH i called it

hit me up with that edm mixtape friend :rofl:

10. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

holy crap.. looks who's back..

11. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

For me the biggest days are, wehn I publish something and at least 10 people like it
    and when I then get 70+ upvotes for what I've done, i drink my coffe out of my golden cup.

[​IMG]

I think the move by AudioUTOPiA to crack an iLok 2.4 protected software was one of the best
    of the last time even if I probably never will use it because Pro Tools really sucks in combination
    with my workflow (or maybe my workflow sucks in combination with PT - who knows).

This could be the "rolling stone" that causes an avalanche of possibilities for releases
    some of us were waiting for but we will see what the future brings.

Btw. If someone of AudioUTOPiA reads this:
    If you need nice installers for your stuff which are doing everything for the users
    with a few clicks, pm me! ;)

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Marianus

Marianus Ultrasonic

Tell it to the whole music industry, they made music and made a living out of it instead of complaining about or admiring the software they had to use.
    So with that in mind, your cheaphead opinion means nothing when there's so many real engineers like Ted Jensen, Tom Coyne, Schepps,Greg Calbi, CLA, Marroquin etc. and a few hundreds more who do actually had a pro career in the music industry, they're not some self-absorbed cheapskate who wanna act pro through his lame a*s hating and bashing around something which the real pro's never complained about.
    I'm not a ProTools fan and i'm happy it got cracked, i personally work in Ableton and S1 but man... seeing people like you hating something after just scratching the surface it's just plain narrow-shallow-minded.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. masterj

masterj Ultrasonic

the only people i see bashing it, coincidentally always mention ableton or edm. Yeah pro tools isnt for EDM, but ableton also has weaknesses just like pro tools does. And what this forum is probably majority edm (electronic) music. Just because PT cant do edm music theyre all butthurt about telling us how much they hate pro tools. No one cares for your feelings, iLok2 was hard to even scratch, and today they tore it down. :bleh: The wall they tore down is all taht matters, no one came to hear about your issues with pro tools, if it didnt matter to you then don't comment, unless you really want to tell us about how much pro tools has hurt your feelings :rofl:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. trz303

trz303 Producer

Biggest audiowarez day ever was the release of Synchrosoft Emu back in 2009, it was so impressive that AIR did it ...
    But I agree that the two last weeks were brilliant as well !

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  15. bigwords

bigwords Ultrasonic

What are you talking about? I'm not a Pro Tools user and this is definitely the biggest month in a long, long, long time.

And it's not over either. ;-) Have faith.

16. bigFlow

bigFlow Ultrasonic

OT: The 19th was my birthday. Best birthday ever :rofl:

17. bigwords

bigwords Ultrasonic

Keep in mind it's pretty much 2016. The fact that ilok2 has been cracked -- and it was a relatively easy task for the cracker (2 weeks?) -- this means the scene is back. There is competition now at a level we haven't seen it before, simply due to the modern protection methods that we are dealing with. All the old protection schemes are done and, by definition, outdated. This means these new teams are dealing with modern-day schemes, and to crack them are monumental feats that portend a great and exciting future for the scene. Have faith.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. NocturNate

NocturNate Member

Agreed. I'm not going to use Pro Tools either but the rest of the releases and what's yet to come is going to be insane.

19. NocturNate

NocturNate Member

Congratulations to AudioUtopia! An amazing feat by little Pixie (you have to read the nfo or spoiler for the Eiosis Air EQ release) I never thought I'd see the day. This month of releases between them and R2R has been insane. I've never seen anything like it in all my years. We are not deserving of having teams like R2R and AudioUtopia (and Hexwars for Mac). Here's to hoping they are all successful and decide to stay around. Thank you for all your hard work and contributions. And I hope you have a great Holiday season. You've made a lot of poor artists like myself have a very exciting month and Holiday. Thank you again. <3 :wink::mates:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. dadgad

dadgad Kapellmeister

To R2R and AudioUTOPiA.
    Thanks, thanks...thanks! I am eternally grateful.
    All the best to you and your families :mates:

21. Slider

Slider Producer

Ya know...One Reason was simply expressing his personal opinion in his usual style and attacked no one, let alone you. He said nothing to deserve your comments insulting him personally, especially in light of you being here for a whole 24hr!!I No reason to start shit when there ain't no shit! :cool: