Debussy - La Mer - Hyperrealistic mockup with Orchestral Tools Libraries

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Marco Di Stefano, Jan 27, 2024.

1. Marco Di Stefano

Marco Di Stefano Kapellmeister

Hello fellow composers,

I am happy to share with you those 5 minutes of music from Debussy

It is the result of a hard work to try to sound as much possible as a real thing, so I would really love to hear what you think about it

It is entirely done with Orchestral Tools libraries, using the Flow template on Cubase and Vienna Ensemble Pro, in one single machine (specs are below)

Thanks for listening!

www.artificialharmonics.com

Windows 11, Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO, Intel Core i9-13900K, Gigabyte RTX4090 GAMING OC 24G, 128Gb RAM DDR5, RME HDSPe AIO Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7, Kontakt 6, Open Stage Control

• Like Like x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Outstanding! Impressionist and contemporary composers are the most difficult in recreating nuances.

4. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Excellent, these things are getting better and better.

I am not fooled as the attacks and releases and flow between notes isn't just there yet but it sounds exceptionally good for what it is. Maybe this is one of the areas where AI can help, though I would prefer real musicians getting paid to play some companies are just not ever hire a real orchestra.

Watch the shrill on the string sections, they are supposed to be shrill but there a little extra sauce on the sausage.

This has always been one of my favorites. I think you setup would work better on "Dialogue du vent," as it is a bit more bombastic and open than "De l'aube à midi sur la mer," and these sample libraries seemed better optimized for excitement.

I loved it, thank you very much for sharing.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Well done :like:

6. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

7. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Tbh, I think the different sections would benefit from a wider stereo separation and the performance lacks a bit of inherent coherence.
    For the latter aspect you can get an impression here:

But don't get me wrong, reproducing an orchestra in a realistic way is not top shelf, it's the very top shelf, the one you need a ladder for. So, for a VSTi production it's really quite impressive.

8. Marco Di Stefano

It is a PG38UQ, meaning 38 inches with 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160
    a great monitor for Cubase and Dorico works :)

9. Marco Di Stefano

Thanks All for the feedback,
    It is very much appreciated that you take the time to listen to the score and provide your insights, which is really useful

I think something I need seriously to improve is the room reverb and spacial sound like @No Avenger suggests

Marco

10. RachProko

RachProko Producer

Yes, you need to get the 'whole' orchestra to be in one concert hall. Otherwise, Bravo! Well done!

11. Marco Di Stefano

Indeed, but it does not seem to be something easy without investing in a good reverb solution (which I have not done yet) :)

Any having experience with Vienna MIR Pro 3D? is it worthy? does it really manage to put all the instruments into the same concert hall?