Death Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by Donut Nyamer, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

2. DDHARD

DDHARD Ultrasonic

3. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

New Hypocrisy is very good.

4. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Old Hypocrisy is even better.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

6. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  8. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

9. Kyrad

Kyrad Ultrasonic

Nice one Reactor!!! Loved them in the earlier days, i also head this EP (i guess it was one, or even a Demo..)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  10. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

I just discovered them this week through yt playlists because I've been on a huge old school death binger for months. I've thoroughly discovered every other crevice in death metal other than old school death and have been kicking myself for months. As time progresses I'm runing into older, lesser known underground records and EPs. Especially lately.

The raw, aggressive energy death metal brought then, even on EP's with lower production grade was still more badass sounding with more elements of Thrash and Hardcore Punk. I love that.

11. Kyrad

Kyrad Ultrasonic

with your tread you have taken me back to my youth years :) Were very good and wild times. Saw so many killer concerts (Obituary, Punchet Stenche, Death, Athrocity, Bolth Trower, Pestilence, Napalm Death, Carcass, Posessed, and many more. Also tons of swiss underground bands)
    I used to hang out with the drummer of Reactor (Howi) from time to time, as far as I know he emigrated to L.A. at some point and worked in a studio there.
    Thanks for all the good memories :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  12. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Obituary became one of my favorite death metal bands and really just bands in general over the last few months. I've heard everything they made pre-Obituary with Executioner/Xecutioner which was all kickass.

Then I heard the Tardy Brothers album which was like a long lost Obituary album because they are the same 2 Tardy brothers that are both in Obituary. John Tardy's voice is just so unbelievably fit for a death metal record. It's funny watching John's interviews he considers his band more a heavy metal/ thrash band because of their old school roots. But they are quite possibly the best death metal band. At least to me anyways. Also John's hair is fucking glorious. I mean... he could strangle a tiger in the Amazon with it.

[​IMG]

I also learned their guitarist runs a fucking Fender Strat into a RAT, then into a Marshall fridge and they come out with some of the most brutal guitar tones there is. It just sounds so mean and beefy, I was so surprised to learn he preferred a Strat for the type of metal he makes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  13. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Sorry, I went off on an Obituary tangent when I saw their name mentioned there. Thanks for also showing me more than a few bands that I would probably have overlooked otherwise. It's actually not only opened the doors to Death Metal but also to Thrash. I need to find more Death-Thrash bands. I like their sound.

I need to check out Punchet Stenche too. Not farmilliar with them yet. I've run into many Swedish death bands so I'm sure I ran into many Swiss death bands as well. I see you meant Pungent Stench. Idk why my mind hasn't registered that. I thought it was a french band with a similar name lmao

I think it's so awesome you actually got to go to all these shows then these bands were arguably in their prime full of hunger and energy. I'm starting to understand why people obsess with time travel and time machines. I wish I could just snort a line all the way back to an early Obituary show and see the entire line up you just mentioned with you.

Thanks for chatting and sharing some badass stories with me. OSDM is starting to become an obsession for me so please feel free to post even more bands cause you know your way around way more than I do.

14. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. nyaa13

nyaa13 Producer

Just noticed this thread. (My favourite genres are Progressive/Pure Death Metal, Black Metal & Classical Music.) I saw that you covered most of the good Death Metal bands from a quick look on all pages. I think I didn't notice Acid Death posted at all (it's one of the best Death bands out there imo) but sorry in case you posted them already. But if you don't know them check them out. It's a Progressive Death/Thrash Metal Band. Here are 3 albums of theirs:

16. nyaa13

nyaa13 Producer

Sadist are some of the top Progressive Death Metal bands out there from the nineties. One of the first European Death Metal bands that made use of keyboards in their songs.
    Pure 90's Death Metal sound mixed with very nice melodic elements. Recommended to check all their albums...

Hieronymus Bosch are also pretty good, named after the famous painter but pretty unknown as a band. Only 3 albums unfortunately

17. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

18. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Thanks for posting, I haven't come across Acid Death yet but I will soon. Briefly checking now they sound more on the Thrash-Death side which I also really love. There are some newer progressive death-doom bands I enjoy like Swallow the Sun.

I love Sadist but I need to listen to more of their material because I haven't heard it all yet. Haven't heard the album you posted. Hieronymus Bosch is something I've never heard before, will check it. Thanks for the recommendation!

19. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

20. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

The basslines in this album are roaring in the in hell beneath my feet