dear DEVELOPERS - GIVE US THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ted Smithton, Feb 3, 2018.

1. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

I did say that they made a special code for that. That still doesn't mean that they don't copy everything else in their products. Functionality wise, they contributed nothing. It's copying 70 year old technology, and adds nothing new to the mixing workflow (and very little to the sound). At least some companies like Izotope, Zynaptiq and Sound Radix try to make processors that actually take advantage of the lack of analog limitations in digital.

2. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

Ok, let's do this.........

They did not make special code, lol, they used standard 1's and 0's coding to program a special IR player for their proprietary digital data format.

AA are clearly NOT copying anything.... they are running an ultrasound impulse through a hardware device and capturing the voltage transmission, converting it into a proprietary digital data form. Then coding an advanced sample player that allows a person to apply that proprietary captured digital data to their own digital signal in a plugin format. There is also no possible patent or copyright infringement as AA are using several different technologies and using them to create a totally different technology through innovation, and NOBODY has any rights to the voltage run through any hardware, only the composition of notes run through it.

Some of AA's plugs are from their own custom hardware built by them, so logically they can't copy "everything else in their products" if there is nothing to copy from....... again please study up on what you want to rant about to not look so ignorant in public.

Again wrong, AA has innovation even hardware don't have clearly contributing to the FUTURE of digital audio. They've built custom hardware and sampled it, single custom hardware parts and sampled them, then added options to plugins NO hardware device has, pushing digital beyond hardware, by using the best of both digital and analogue. Some of their compressors offer select-able detection from other hardware all together, so you can use a Fairchild 670 type attack on another compressor, that innovation is now being copied by other algo plugin makers. Lemon is 40 different analogue delays brought together into an innovative plugin tool, allowing beyond hardware abilities we've only dreamed of having as a tool, add the real tape saturation into the mix and Lemon surpasses any delay tool in existence. Many of AA's recent Acqua's are pushing into territory nobody has been yet, you may want to actually demo their tools before you speak on them.

Well if you knew anything about 70 year old analogue technology you would understand just how ignorant you sound...... we can't just copy that old technology in hardware today, as most of the parts don't exist anymore, add in the changed recycled metal laws forcing companies to change component designs too. So if hardware companies can't copy it, AA are not logically able to copy it either, especially considering it's a totally DIFFERENT technology, lol.

Designers use those old designs as the basis for new design using modern components, even Neumann can't even just copy their own 60 year old U67 today, they had to change the power supply, caps, transformer, and connectors in their new reissue...... and it's the same damn company and they still make the capsule and bodies. So there is no easy copying anything from 70 years back.

AA are innovating to help take that 70 year old hardware with us in a different form into the future before it's lost forever, some would think that is a good thing for pro audio and worthy of praise. IMHO AA is the bridge between two worlds of pro audio, bringing the best of both into a usable form moving forward. I love having 20 Ruby EQ's on a mix..... in hardware that would cost me over $80K. Add in full recall and I'm calling that adding to my mix workflow big time.

It's funny you ignorantly tout Izotope, Zynaptiq and Sound Radix contributing something new, when in fact their whole product lines are much closer to copying other algorithmic companies technologies than AA could possible be accused of with hardware. You are clearly biased toward AA and you've yet to offer a logical support to back your claim.

FWIW, those companies also don't make processors, they make algorithmic plugins. Again, study up and stop the negativity in areas you know little about.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  3. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

Lol. I have never read such a mad, cult-like defense of a software company. I'm honestly not sure if I should bother replying because you seem to completely distort everything, but whatever...
    Yes, that's what I meant by "made a special code".
    ...A long way to say "they are copying the work of a hardware device".
    Whoa, different detection system? different delays? SATURATION? what an absolute revolution. It's not like we had all those things in plugin form for years if not decades.
    Oh, man. Are you seriously THAT dumb? I mean "copy" in the sense that they copy the behaviour and parameters of certain devices, as well as the look, and replicate it in software form.
    There is a vast difference between taking inspiration from old devices to create new devices, and literally copying how an old device works, copying the look of the device, and letting the whole audio community know that they replicated a very well known and desirable device. Else nobody would care about them, like so many digital, original plugins that get ignored because they don't replicate some old device and strap a vintage GUI look on it.
    Yes, that's called copying. Lots of different companies do that.
    Huh? name one other plugin that does what Adaptiverb and Surfer EQ do. There is none.
    "Processors" is a catch-all term for everything that processes something else. It can be digital or analog.
    Please study the English language to stop your gross misunderstanding of what different words mean.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@PopstarKiller .. but hey man how about that new "Ruby" thing..? totally innovative and worth it ha? and certainly no bias

etc. etc. and so on...

as to the request in the title... dream on

I do find it quite curious that suddenly there are "agents" associated with AA
    showing up prominently here upon release of their new "plug"
    since I'm not a conspiracy theorist.. I'll just call it a "coinkidink" :winker:

and yes.. I will own my nasty this time.. thank you Weirdo

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

@Herr Durr
    If you are going to quote me from another thread, please do so in context and quote the whole post, as out of context anything can be manipulated.

6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@WillTheWeirdo

see the little blue arrow there bro? they can go read the whole thing .. I'm no fucking guru.. nor would I purport to be..

anyone with half a brain will decide on their own.. not that you are relying on that yourself.. however

7. m9cao

m9cao Producer

yes so never buy analog/vintage gear emulations, and dont use that. if you want top quality product buy something contemporary new design

8. m9cao

m9cao Producer

never be those stupid whose everydays suck their daddys balls(the vintage gear from 80s, buy it hahahaha), just being a daddy at now, then wait for some decades, ready for those stupid vintage stupid suck your balls hahaha

9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You sound so enamaducated, can i be your friend?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Blorg

Blorg Producer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impulse_response ? ( i.e.. not SPICE/circuit modeling, e.g any convolution reverb)?
    This truly is the future, much bleeding edge!
    [​IMG]

11. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. TW

TW Guest

My english is not well enough to understand this. But a lot of "suck" and "balls" in it. I do not judge preferences ...

13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

could someone hum a few bars of a new tune to go with these lyrics ? We just might have our AS theme song here..

giphy-facebook_s.jpg.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

He did not have sexual relations with that man.
    [​IMG]

15. m9cao

m9cao Producer

probably cant, and i should say, the english language was completely wrong, the english speakers should masters the english, not english mastered anyself

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  16. virusg

virusg Rock Star

interesting discussion, thank you all, let me add mine on AA: the only plugin i bought from the was Amethist 3 ...in current state is pure garbage, i regret the money ive spent thinking i could get something else in change ...that only convinced me to stay away from AA stuff, until i demo if ever some others plugins from them in ''try before buy'' mode i wont spend another cent on their stuff, even at 90%OFF

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

What went wrong? System compatibility issues?

18. Ted Smithton

Ted Smithton Producer

Hahaha I couldn't come up with that shit if I tried. Vintage suck your balls!!! Y'all :rofl:

Look I know I was on a rant that night but this thread had turned into pure hilarity if it wasn't already!

:mates::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2018
  19. virusg

virusg Rock Star

no, i dont like how it sounds, aside from the fact that it adds crazy amount of latency wich is the biggest issue of AA, its unusable on every channel from this point of view, i dont know on what hw it may be based but i dont like how the compressor behaves, eq wise may work on some channels ...its all fancy looking okay, they are the greatest looking plugins from the whole market but just that i guess

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Spoken like a true level 10 master zen Yoda. :bow: