deadmau5 strobe sparkee remix nu disco bassline

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by anthony doyle, Mar 30, 2018.

1. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

Hi, Im looking for the bassline setting for the nu disco remix of deadmau5 strobe, looking at the comment section in youtube, people said it was made in Trillian, does anyone know the exact setting ? Thanks

bassline at 1.03

3. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i enjoyed it, thank you.

4. anthony doyle

Its an amazing remix. Thank deadmau5 and sparkee. I looked through Trillian and Fender Clean Mute Full Range sounds kind of like it , I have an older version of Trillian(1.4.1) and I haven't got it working inside of omnisphere yet so maybe with some tweaking or an upgraded version of Trillian would be better.

5. Arsenal

Arsenal Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. anthony doyle

anyone else got anything on this ? a remake anywhere , it really is a very realistic bass sound

7. anthony doyle

Anyone with any more help on this stuff, it sounds very realistic to me

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

If you don't want to use play a real Fender Precision/Jazzbass or have MODO bass VSTi or similar bass plugin, one can use FM to make this thing I made below (with FM synthesis). Not quite the same (more boosted narrow mids), but still fits the Daft Punk (or "french") style, sonically:

I'll try to see if I still have the preset (think I made it in Surge, which is now free/open source).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  9. anthony doyle

Hi, thanks for that, you know I'm the guy who started the thread about the daft punk voyager bassline ? You gave me the preset in Serum which was very similar. Do you think you can layer a synth bass and a more realistic synth bass for a good result for this ? I will install vemper surge, if you can find the preset that would be great.

10. anthony doyle

When I said do you think you can layer a synth bass and a more realistic synth bass for a good result, I meant to say do you think that if I layer a synth bass and a more realistic bass sound, that I can get a good result.

11. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Sorry for the late reply. You should have tagged me. ;)
    Here's the preset for Vember Surge (which is now open source and free). It's been a while (3 years) since I made it, but I think I added a dual narrow peak EQ, like nasal boost around 1kHz-ish and one a little lower...and some saturation. Try it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5bipo03gvelouq/daft punk bass 3 - vember surge.fxp?dl=0
    Edit: Shit! I see that the HP filter (next to the waveshaper) is set to default at 50Hz. Turn that down to the bottom (6Hz) to hear/feel the lower frequencies as well.

You can try to layer a real bass, but perhaps the phase issues will be too great to make it worth it. I'd rather just play/record a real bass and tweak/mic/modeling it until it sounds the way I'd want it to sound.
    Either/or.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  12. anthony doyle

Hi, thanks again for that, another great bass setting. Also thanks for the feedback and advice on using vember surge and recording using a real bass.