DCAM Synth Squad (RE: Strobe v1 Beta)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hi!, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Hi!

Hi! Guest

I've been meaning to ask if anyone here might have a copy of the ancient DCAM Synth Squad Strobe (1) beta test/pre-release demo from way back in 2008 I think it was?

I recently bought a new PC and my external HDD just burned out on me and along with it my stockpile of old x86 plugins I was planning on porting over to the new system :(

Its the one with the basic layout and black and white interface they had circulating among developers, artists and producers on a couple of forum groups. I never got on with the changes they made in the final vers.1 release and I really don't like what they've done in vers. 2. The original beta version was simple, raw and more to my tastes. Anyway. I saw the thread about 'popular VST's of the 2000's and it reminded me of this.

I know its a longshot, but had to ask. I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can help a fella out! You can PM me if you want. Thanks!

3. PartyShit

PartyShit Producer

What a throwback dude

I clearly remember when I first saw this on youtube
    Chris Lake using FXpansion stuff

4. Hi!

Hi! Guest

Ha.. yeah, I believe that was the third iteration after they added the fancy button graphics, branding, visual waveforms and keys.. the one I have, or had, is the first version without any of that. Similar placement of the modules, but extremely straight forward basic in the design and sound options, which is what I love and miss about it.