Daw without MIDI... stuff for piano pedal

Discussion in 'DAW' started by tori, Mar 30, 2019.

1. tori

tori Platinum Record

Hi, I have FL Studio, but everytime I want to play piano with pedal with it, I must edit some midi stuff, otherwise the pedal from my midi keyboard doesnt work. Is there any daw that works with pedals from the beginning or is there a way that works with fl studio so that you dont need to edit Midi controls every time?

Dont understand FL Studio, Truepianos, Pianoteq or Kontakt standalone works fine with my pedal.

Sorry for bad engrish, I'm drunk lol

3. notsoloud

notsoloud Guest

Firstly, what???? Secondly, I assume you mean the sustain pedal and that is assigned midi CC Number 64 by default. Unless you have altered this manually, all DAW's will recognise this as the sustain pedal regardless of what keyboard you are playing.
    You need to check that everything is seeing CC64 as sustain.
    But first, get some sleep, then plenty of coffee, maybe a shower, deodorant (always important) and work out why you're having this problem, because I can't figure it out from here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. tori

tori Platinum Record

Nope

yes sorry, i meant the sustain pedal... With FL Studio it doesn't respond properly.... only after I manually link the CC64 Channel to the pedal it works, but i don't want to do that every time, FL Studio doesn't recognise it by default, tried many versions... and i didn't alter everything, maybe my sustain pedal is weird or broken.

5. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I'm kinda guessin (don't use FLS =) but can't ya change the control settings from channel settings (or equivalent) in FLS? And save em as default? It's prolly smtn like that.

(I know it can be a pain sometimes to have to remap stuff - esp pedals that use "random" CCs each time - but I created a script thing in Cubase to remap CC 62, 63, 64 & 65 -> CC64; if that's the issue. There's prolly smtn like that in FLS?)

Maybe use MIDI monitor to check out what's happening each time you connect the pedal etcs?

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

No FL user here, but I found this
    • 'Foot pedal controls note off (how MIDI CC#64 is used) - If selected, foot-pedals sustain the length of notes recorded in the Piano roll. That is, the note-off event is triggered by the release of the pedal. HOWEVER, when 'Foot pedal controls note off' is selected, MIDI Pedal CC#64 messages never reach the plugin, as it's captured by FL Studio. If you are using a VST plugin that needs sustain-pedal events, for its own purposes, deselect 'Foot pedal controls note off' for the sustain effect to work as expected, with that plugin.'

here https://www.image-line.com/support/flstudio_online_manual/html/envsettings_midi.htm

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List