DAW that lets you rewire WITH VST/AU plugins

Discussion in 'DAW' started by einfach, Feb 28, 2012.

1. einfach

einfach Newbie

I do a lot of work with Pro Tools and I absolutely HATE that VST/AU plugins don't work in Ableton when it is being used as a rewire slave. You can only use the stock Ableton plugins in rewire mode. I really really wish they would change this.

Do you guys know of any DAWs where you can use VST/AU plugins while the DAW is operating as a rewire slave? Thanks!

3. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Just to say that you aren't alone in this frustration. :(

4. psyfactor

psyfactor Newbie

fruity loops

5. hoodhendrix

hoodhendrix Member

Ok im not going to say much. Buttttt!!! Reaper is the way. use RTAS plugins in reaper. i also use cakewalk plugs in reaper. not the shared plugins either. Eventually Reaper will be looked at more. When people realize reaper does what it wants you want it to do. how kind is that! *yes* oh yea you can rewire reaper into any daw!

6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Reaper can load RTAS Plugins ?

7. panicoad

panicoad Newbie

You could try freezing ableton live tracks and save the project, then reopen live in slave mode and bounce tracks into protools...
    also you could try loading Energy XT as a plugin into protools using maybe Fxpansion Rtas Wrapper because AFAIK it is available only as VST.
    Rewire is not that great for me...I find it useful only to quickly bounce tracks into uncompatible hosts for mixing...
    Cheers

Angelo Dessole

www.facebook.com/handraband

8. Diana

Diana Newbie

The RTA VST Adapter doesn't work in Mac Osx... after a long time of suffering and pain I discover Reaper!! I use in Rewire Mode... sometimes the midi you import just move into the compass, then u have to put in the right place again... and the midi editor is not very good... but I do all the midi in PT, then open reaper, import the midi file, then use Sylenth, Ana... when mixing I record the audio previously in pro tools. It's the only way I find to use good VST plugins or instruments in PT. God save reaper!!