DAW Change: Live or S1?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Kohornis, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

@subGENRE whats the difference in CPU between those two in that project?
    The difference between Reaper and Live for me is negligible but Reaper is always lower.
    I use Bidule a lot though and I think that helps offload some of the work for the DAW.

2. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

"Good is the enemy of great", so working "fine" is not acceptable to me in 2016, we deserve better. Mixing in Live is just slow, everything an Engineer wants to do takes 3 times longer in Live than almost any other DAW..... for as intuitive as it is for Producing in Live, it's the opposite for mixing IMHO in Live. Every DAW has strengths, mixing in Live is NOT it's strength....... but you can do it.

To each their own.

3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@Pinkman If you look closely at the 2 projects youll notice that there are more audio clips in the REAPER version. Reason being is that ableton was sputtering out, so I took all my dupes with fx on them and bussed them from the track with the main clip on it. This was all recorded and the edits were manual, no warping on any audio in the project.

In reaper theyre still the duped audio tracks with the fx on them instead of bussing. And REAPER still wanted me to throw more at it

I do keep my projects, project resources and the temp/scratch/cache file on 2 ssds

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  4. timer

timer Producer

Menu Audio > Offline Process History

5. vanhaze

vanhaze Platinum Record

Forget all DAW's , dig deep into Reaper, take your time and have patience with it, exploring all the great and nifty things in Reaper
    and you will never look back @ any other DAW, cause they will all disappoint you in comparison with Reaper.
    For me personally, Reaper stands for "More Creativity in Less Time"
    If you are all about speeding up your workflow to the max, stability, cpu lightness, customisation, the most friendly and helpful DAW community out there, then go for Reaper all the way.
    But you will have to be some dedicated "nerd" to get you grips for 100 % at Reaper and to get the most out of it.
    Believe me, it's totally worth it.
    Then again, i am more of DAW workflow speedup addict, than making music in the end with it , LOL.
    So you may concern this post as totally useless for you ;0/

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List