David August Guitar Sly Johnson reconstruction !

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by yannis cadena, Mar 20, 2016.

1. yannis cadena

yannis cadena Newbie

Hello Guys, love a lot the guitar of this track, but i'm not a guitarist and i wanted to know what kind of guitar is it ?

Thanks a lot !

3. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

What do you mean what kind of guitar is it? Do you need like a model or something? Nobody would be able to tell you that for sure. You can get these tones with a variety of guitars. Solo seems like single coils to me, maybe Tele or Strat middle pickup through Fender Deluxe reverb, princetone, or similar amp. Maybe not, there's a ton of ways you can get these kind of tones. Rhythm maybe thee same guitar on a neck pickup.

4. yannis cadena

yannis cadena Newbie

Thanks Bill, yeah indeed i just wanted to knwo if with spectrasonics trilian for example, i could find this kind of guitar and what guitar is closed to the sonority of the one of the video ?

5. yannis cadena

yannis cadena Newbie

Cos i see that the sonorities of the guitar of the video are very used in deep house those days.

6. yannis cadena

yannis cadena Newbie

and i love it.