Dave Grohl to host TV series about recording studios

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by floond, May 14, 2014.

1. floond

floond Platinum Record

The show will air on the HBO network and see the Foo Fighters man visiting studios across North America

[​IMG]
    Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has been given his own television show by the HBO network.

Classic Rock writes that the former Nirvana drummer's show will expand on his Sound City film and look at iconic recording studios across North America, including locations in New York, Seattle and Nashville. Sound City told the story of the legendary studio of the same name in Van Nuys near Los Angeles.

Studios to feature in the upcoming series - which is as-yet-untitled and will be broadcast as part of the channel's winter schedule later this year - include Steve Albini's Electrical Audio in Chicago and Rancho De La Luna in Joshua Tree, California, where Foo Fighters have been recording parts of their forthcoming new album.

Last month Foo Fighters shared pictures of the recording sessions for the LP. According to producer Butch Vig, the album is "almost halfway done" and will see the band experimenting with some challenging recording techniques to keep everyone focused.

The band revealed in January that sessions for their new album were "fucking on" by posting a picture of a row of master tapes labelled 'Foo Fighters LP 8' to their official Instagram. Speaking to BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe, Grohl said: "I know what it sounds like and I honestly think the entire concept is really going to take people by surprise and it sounds nuts."
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/77310?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=davegrohl#txx9USFWp3Ht5I2e.99

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks floond, appreciate the info. :mates:

4. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

Sweet, sounds good