date sorting on audioz

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by panaman, Feb 17, 2018.

1. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

is it just me or is it annoying?
    just now i found the latest reaper versions appear in the middle of page 2 on audioz. pretty sure it hadnt been posted earlier this morning.
    on every other site i know new posts appear on top of page 1, which seems like the reasonable way things should be. several times a day seeping through older posts to discover new ones is such a waste of time, besides my memory is not what it used to be. this on top of all the popups and uploaded constantly cheating me with the recaptchas, such a waste of time, and i probably miss some posts cause who knows how many pages back they might show up.
    i´m just a collector, why mess with me? i dont care about starting time of upload or whatever the algorythm is using, just use common sense please.

3. Otmanes

Otmanes Newbie

Yes it's true that the posts in the first page when you load the website are not ranked starting by the latest ones... But if you check by category (e.g software > win) then it's ranked properly (sorry for my english).
    Hope it well help

4. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

´thanks for letting me know, i`ll have to go through many of the subs then.
    cant see how it would be so hard to fix it on the main page when its possible in the categories

5. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

6. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

my point exactly. have you had a look at audioz lately?
    start out at top, looks good going down from 17:11 to 03:40, all17th. then, midway in the page there is the audials post at 17:33, then continuing with 00:04.
    then suddenly, still on page 1, a tutorial from 06:15 on the 16th. then 21:00 from 15th feb. and 4 posts from feb. 14 still on page1.
    page2 starts at 03:38 on feb. 17 and so on. that is not very chronological.
    i really do hope you dont intend to deny or blame it on me. win7, firefox, chrome.
    i think somebody arent doing their job right maybe
    i`m glad youre looking into it though.

7. Beth

Beth Guest

@panaman I am not doubting what you see but it all looks in order for me.

are you seeing a column of 'Fresh Releases' on the left and a separate 'Archives' column on the right?
    They have different color borders to deliniate them from each other. Both columns are in their own chronological order for me.

I see the audials post you mention at the top of the Archives column not midway in the page.
    Maybe it is a display difference in browsers or screen size etc ????
    :shalom:

8. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Whoo, first I totally misread the title. Either is my twisted mind or my poor English.. or both. Have to do something about that ;)

Just a thought.. Isn't it sometimes better that a post of "high value" floats around on the bottom of the third page, buried between some low quality sample packs, than shining right on top of the first one (even if that would be chronologically in order)? I know that it probably doesn't make much difference.. but it may depend. I don't mind checking a couple of pages - you can find something interesting by the way..

9. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

clicking fresh releases moved the audials post, lower third of page1 because meanwhile newer posts have appeared.
    still going down to feb.14 on page1 and resuming with feb 17 on page 2 though.
    sorry for my english, second language only.
    i wonder if you are registered and logged in if it works for you.

and yes, hiding posts on page 2 or 3 could be a good thing sometimes i guess.
    hey, why not make it totally random, so many pages available.
    not a big deal, its been this way since i discovered audioz a couple of years ago. i just hate to miss out on stuff, being a collector.
    whoever is responsible is going to fry in hell. no 72 virgins for sure.

10. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Sometimes I read posts, and it baffles me. I just sit here shaking my head at the pure disbelief at what I've read!

@SAiNT.

NOW I know why you picked that name, you certainly do have the patience of a Saint!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Beth

Beth Guest

yes and yes :)

just wondering...are you viewing the site on a cell/mobile phone?
    Website layouts will often look very different on a small mobile display.

12. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

What's valuable is completely subjective and depends of each of us, so we cant create an arbitrary classification that way.

13. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

I agree with you man :rofl::rofl:

14. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

win7 rules out a phone afaik. if it doesnt happen at your end, good for you, or maybe you never checked pages 2+3, and who knows how many pages i would have to go back (repeatedly) to really find every new post.
    audioz is most valuable to me since avax went the pay way.
    to sylenth.will.fall: does humour belong in music or in forums? i would have to go with forums, even if it comes without a smiley for every last reader to recognize it. just light/en up please. we`re all here for the same one or two reasons.
    now where is that reason10 post, did i miss it, how many pages do i need to go backwards to find it?

15. Beth

Beth Guest

Was only trying to be polite and help you but never mind. :shalom:

and yup all pages display correctly and chronologically here and i assume the site is set up that new posts automatically go to the top in the list and then get superseded by newer ones.

have a good day :)

16. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

To be absolutely clear.. I am more than OK with the way things are, 110%. What's valuable may be subjective to us, but not so much to (dmca) take-down notices - and we can guess which post will be the hot target (more or less). I was just saying, (maybe) you can buy some time by NOT putting that post on the top of the first page..

I have a little web page to keep up and I can only imagine how much work there is to manage a structure like AZ. I have nothing but deep respect for all that are working hard to keep the things the way they are. And that certainly includes you. :bow:

17. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

like i said its not a big deal. i take it though you do experience the same bvehaviour, and thats a valuable bit of information.
    the thimg is if something pops up on page 5 while i usually go through the last 3 pages only, its safe from me too, i`d never know. so how many pages back is reasonable to search?

18. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Think time instead of pages, as it will depend of how many posts have been done.
    Think about 48 hours, more or less.

19. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

that won't be a problem for you anymore :wink:

never picked it... its been assigned from above :mates:

20. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Somebody up there has got it very very right. :) :mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List