Darkness - Electro House track

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Eklypse, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Eklypse

Eklypse Newbie

check it out, leave some feedback :) http://soundcloud.com/eklypse-1/eklypse-darkness

3. Torture

Torture Newbie

I`m totally into so called "Electro House", but I don't think this one is really good actually.
    First of all the mix isn't very good...especially at the beginning. Sounds like you wanted it to be loud, but you left your sound behind. You should work on that distorted Bass Synth...its not a good listen in my opinion ( and Im totally PRO big, distorted and squashed bass synths!)
    It could definitely use more bass to it and a little more width. The Kick doesn't help your case at all too. Its punchy, but doesn't fit very well into the mix. Probably a bass layer to the kick, or just a bass layer to the synth would do it.
    The "melody" is up to you...but it also isn't very catchy...
    the build up from 2.22 is nice and the part beginning at 2.44 is nice sounding too. very wide... though I would vary the kick some more in that part, it does fit a lot better with the high, clean synth.

All in all its not gonna be one of my favorites, but I think It could be a nice one if you put some work into that big bass lead. Probably changing the pattern a little bit and making the sound more bassy and bigger! For some reference listen to the bass in Dada Life`s " Kick out the Epic Motherf**ker" or even some stuff from Zedd.

Keep it up.
    Cheers.