Dark Noir Jazz Track

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by lampwiikk, Mar 22, 2012.

1. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Pretty happy with how this turned out, but the real reason I'm posting it is because the entire saxophone track is being generated in real time from what I'm playing on guitar using an i2M converter. I am totally blown away by the dynamics and harmonics this thing picks up on and just thought I'd share, best $150 I ever spent! And no I don't work for them. Using Mojo Horns for the sax...

http://snd.sc/GHp7QZ

3. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I enjoy this stuff....a lot
    I'm in this mood.
    I love the dynamics a bit on some edge.
    By the way thanks for refering the source of the horns (I might experiment a bit with these sounds)

4. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

You'll probably wanna smack me for this, but this would sit nicely in the game L.A. Noire (intro mainly). I know nothing about jazz, I just know what my ears like *yes*

Theres some tasty reverb swells (?) which I love. Then the guitar comes in and everything gets a whole new psychedelic edge. Nice nice nice. It deviates from straight up jazz, which is a good thing imo.

The drums could do with some tom fills here-and-there.

Gotta say the MIDI pickup really seems to be doing a great job, Ive kinda stopped playing the guitar in a traditional sense, my old Teisco likes to shock me evry once in a while so Im scared its gonna kill me :rofl: Im gonna look into a MIDI pickup because Im imagining all the fun it would be.

Nice job.

5. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Yeah, the cool thing is I was just messing around with the MIDI pickup, not even trying to make a track and this just came out :), but I would highly recommend it, it has opened up a ton of dimensions, even in using my guitar to send control messages through Bome's to toggle stuff on and off in Ableton, and I was using it the other day with Addictive drums, and the tom rolls I was getting off my guitar leads was CRAZY!

6. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

Sweepin' like a mothafucka :rofl: