Dare I ask this question? to buy Kontakt?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by ted2020, Mar 3, 2022.

1. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

I apologise for this post in advance, but using K'd libraries (or should I say non-legit downloads), I am thinking of buying Kontakt 6 full so that I have the legit Kontakt.

I'm about to take stock of a new Macbook Pro M1 Max, and thinking of finally buying Kontakt to use with my libraries that are non-legit (but the libraries aren't k'd right?)

If I buy Kontakt from NI, do I still need K5 to 'add libraries' or does the full K6 do all that
    And will it go through the 'Native Access' to register everything and pick up on something in my current libraries (from Spitfire, East West, NI, etc) that isn't legit and not allow me to use them?

... or do i just stick with the K'd Kontakt 6 and 6.7 (M1 Silicon) and carry on as before, with everything working?

(sorry)..

3. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

:yes:

4. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

So I guess this means keeping K5 around to add libraries still, or I believe there are some new utilites to add libraries now on Mac?

5. BigM

BigM Guest

You can add libraries to k'd kontakt with kitty scripts if you don't like to install k5.

Remember that k'd libraries won't work in legit kontakt.

6. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Thanks BigM
    I guess that solves it then, and that I should carry on as I am. I guess the latest Kontakt versions come up on the sister site pretty quick after the proper releases come out (6.7 etc)

I wasn't sure, and know this gets asked once a week, but if its the case that k'd libraries won't work in legit kontakt, then thats no good to me and i'll stick with how I was when I move over to tranisiton to M1 Silicon :)