dangerous virus with surfing on audioz.download

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PsychatoR, Sep 28, 2016.

1. PsychatoR

PsychatoR Newbie

sorry i dont know where to post that.

i just almost lost all my datas because a virus i got on Audioz while just surfing on it.
    i called the phone number (free) 1-844-... they gave me. and before they answer, i hanged up. but even with *67 i think i done before, they recalled me lol. the guy was trying to convince me to download his hack thing to hack me. yeah im stupid lol i didnt know we could reach by phone this hackers with their virus. lol should i call police? a BIG chance i was faster than him.

so is there a way to stop those popups windows when surfing on audioz? is it me or this is new?
    i did many things to ride of this, but it found nothing, i have also adblock pluss. ty

uuuu.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. PsychatoR

PsychatoR Newbie

ok fixed, we have just to log on. sorry
    i called 911 and they said to call anti fraud center to bust them.

4. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

I never thought anyone was stupid enough to fall for that. The interwebs never ceases to amaze me. And you called 911 too. Holy crap we have a winner! Didn't your parents tell you 911 was only for emergencies??!

By the way, there's a prince in Africa who really needs your help...

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Next time you get one of these just go to task manager, KILL the browser tasks and if you really care, reboot. If it asks to reopen your browser tabs, DON'T.
    It's annoying but fairly benign and is mostly just lies about what it is seeing and doing.

6. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Never call any number! lol install popup blocker on ur browser ;) and most important of all >>>if you gona use a computer learn somthin bout it ;)

8. PsychatoR

PsychatoR Newbie

i already have adblock pluss and anti ransomware enable.
    my friend already got a rancomware virus the same way and it renamed many many files and crypted them asking him money for each files. man... he lost many tera's , all his music projects since 2000 etc etc. we searched a lot and theres nothing he can do.
    i installed malwarebytes anti-ransomware since.
    i called just by curiosity what was that number. he faked he's working for a pro compagny and i heard his dog yapping behind, putting his hand on the phone for me to not hear it, and trying to shut up his dog haha. lol
    but why not? since i have his number now. ill try to bust him for sure! my friend and how many others lost all their data? someone have to do something agaisnt those bastards.
    yes i called 911 because i didnt know where to call, and good thing they gave me that anti fraud center number :) many should do same as me to catch them. im not stupid as u think mr sleeve, even you u could catch that virus. dont worry ;)
    even with the best ad blocker or antivirus etc theres only 2 softwares to stop this.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  9. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

Is this your first time on the internet or using computers? Second question, do you think everything you see on a screen is true and real? Thirdly, if you don't surf the web (esp. on windows) with an antivirus on, then you probably aren't smart enough to even be on a computer in the first place.

10. PsychatoR

PsychatoR Newbie

i just edited my last answer upper. go read it carefully. stop acting like a noob yourself 1rst ok?
    even you could catch it yourself. stop thinking you so smart. sorry my english is limited.
    if you so clever, just tell me the only 2 softwares who could stop that ransomware virus ;)

11. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

Nothing found with VirusTotal is a free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware. https://www.virustotal.com/en/

By cons with Scan URL, it becomes more disturbing. http://scanurl.net/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2016
  12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

you speeled it wong.....

in tre dasting.jpg

13. PsychatoR

PsychatoR Newbie

yeah i know that for long time, it does nothing against that. ty anyway. for me the problem is solved. but ill pray for u guys good luck all!
    just rememeber, Malwarebytes anti-ransomware is the only 1 free to avoid that BIG virus.
    the other we have to pay and i dont remember the name quick like that sorry.

14. Config

Config Kapellmeister

15. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@PsychatoR : As a person who deals with computers since ...uumm cant remember the time 30 years now and reformatted my pcs at least 10 times in this years because of viruses and malwares, I am using Microsoft Defender (I know its not hte best but i didnt had problems since then) can recommend you Firefox for browser with Noscript and adblockplus addons and also searchpreview addon for preview searched sites on Google (sometimes on suspicious sites it says the site has malware and so you are warned and you dont klick on it). Malwarebytes antiransomware i dont know it. But i use adwcleaner when something is messed up. On Audioz or here i never got popups with my addons on Firefox. Be carefull of exe files that you donwnload from risky sites. Go and let them check it on Virustotal. After a while u get used to the behavior of malicious sites and programs. And you have to read a lot of antivirus -malware sites for your specific problems like www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ or Hijackthis.de or Trojaner-Board.de (German sites).

Good luck.

16. Infidel

Infidel Producer

It was just a popup. I had someone freak out about this one on an iPad but the "virus" referenced a Windows machine.
    Easy to get rid of an annoying popup.
    Related: Anyone kill the inventor of the popup yet? :suicide:

17. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

but seriously folks..after common sense... the next best 2 tools I have used...
    is the Malwarebytes antimalware FREE, and still Spybot Search and Destroy, also FREE (or donation)
    Windows defender catches most of the rest.. with real time monitoring

have not had to reformat, nor had any nasty rootkits on Windows since I can remember...
    so you can do quite well by applying a few tools, and just saying NO
    to anything that gives you an option, until you are sure of what it is..

@Infidel adblock plus also has an anti-popup add-on

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus-pop-up-addon/?src=ss

18. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

REAL TALK !This is me \m/ learn how to use your OS and you will have 0 problems period.. learn how to allow the things detected as virus you know are safe an learn whats not ;) when you get it its easy sailing haha :wink: trust me today is alot easier than back in my day of hand picking threats out of the registry ;)

19. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

My web saftey extensions for chrome.
    I use ublock origin with all the lists loaded and Ghostery.
    Plus scriptsafe that stops all scripts from running on a page without me allowing them (like noscript in firefox) Just allow the ones from the page and block all 3rd party ones. Problem solved.
    I also have tampermonkey installed with the anti adblock killer script by reek.

Sometimes I have to allow the youtube or audio previews on the other site temporarily, but its a couple clicks Im willing to make to keep safe.
    I dont see any ads or tabs or windows popping open here, the sister site, or on peeplink. Not a single one at all.

20. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  21. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

+1 for that, installed popup blocker add-on for adblock plus, and done..

@subGENRE yeah I wish they would come up with a good working version of flashblock again...
    it used to be so great to just click play when you wanted to in youtube