Dancenstein project (rave, hard trance, acid) (+ medieval/cinematic/fantasy track bonus)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I know this forum is mostly people who are serious about their work and what they do, I usually avoid posting and I lurked a lot in the past (probably made a few post with this account). But this time I want to share something I did which I'm quite proud of

https://dancenstein.bandcamp.com/releases
    This is the Dancenstein project, right now only one release (The castle / Waterfall). Check them out, keywords here are: rave, hard trance, acid lines, hard dance, 909s, analog, and some ambient as well in the lunar mix.

This is a medieval/fantasy cinematic track, just a side project. I really like how the guitar flows in the second part of the song.

Anyway hope to hear some constructive stuff, or even just a "hey gj" would be nice lol. Put a lot of passion in these and my time is quite limited these months so... I'm honestly really proud; after years of practice and making stuff finally some results.

PS: Hope the title isn't too long :p

- back

3. Pirateking1965

Pirateking1965 Newbie

hey there, well it worked for me wish I was at that level not a complete noob

4. imnotgivingmynametoarobot

imnotgivingmynametoarobot Member

I like your cinematic track.

5. rudym13

rudym13 Kapellmeister

I only listened to the cinematic one since I got to leave soon, but I definitely enjoyed it and can see it used in an RPG game of your choosing. Although I must say I was anticipating some epic percussion for the end part with the guitar. I understand if you were going for more of a laid back energy but at the very least I would add a impact for the final crescendo before everything fades. Other than that the composition is spot on, enjoyable! :winker:

6. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

@Pirateking: honestly, it just takes a lot of time. If you really love what you're doing, then I wouldn't worry so much because eventually, at some point, you will look back and say "Well fuck I did improve."

@Rudy: Thanks for the feedback. One complaint I'm getting is that it's lacking a bit of bass, and in fact near the end it would have been a good idea adding more percussions and booms, for the final crescendo as you say. I'll keep this in mind for next projects ;)

I want to add that the cinematic track was meant to be a a background music game, that's why I didn't pay too much attention on the EQ and panning (it's almost all mono, I'd say 70% mono?). Some people are saying the guitar sounds baaad, but I honestly like. It was so hard to make it "fit"; it does sound quite weird when it changes pattern.

Thanks, keep it up boys

~ Back

7. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Tried to do something a bit different. I don't even know if this is suitable for the forum; if it isn't then go ahead and remove the post I guess. Inspired by Matt Uelmen works in D1 and D2