Dance music with powerful aims - Let's brains dance instead of our bodies.

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Jul 16, 2017.

1. tooloud

tooloud Guest

What the hell do you mean we need another war for the sake of music? Has the most innovative music been pouring out of Syria lately? I see millions of refugees. Perhaps they all have 303's and 808's in their pockets and they aren't fleeing a war, they're coming to LA to get record deals.

2. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

Pardon? :woot:

3. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I must admit, standing on the troll side is pretty funny. People trying to explain (or ask for that matter) basic things and the troll blows everything out of the water, perplexes people then others still trying to further explain. Been there, done that, I should've make this step waaaaaay sooner but anyway, have fun with foster people, I'm forever out (as a contributor) from these topics.

--grabs popcorn meme goes here--

4. muaB

muaB Producer

go to hell copldplay

Thats some strange Goa man whats wrong with you ;)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  5. foster911

foster911 Guest

A tremendous misconception if you'd think I'm a troll. I'm just straining to set out what I mean by this or that. I've created lots of snippets and learned alot by your succor. For some people the result does not matter (to be lied at the mind and heart of people or not) because making much of some technical or musical guidelines and terms of reference are their main obsessions and burning issues but for me music is more than that. I bust a gut trying to link the human's emotions to the music other than simple love, hate, dance ground.

6. nastybobby

nastybobby Kapellmeister

The best dance/electronic music has always possessed the ability to get the body dancing, stimulate the mind and move the heart, all at the same time.

Some of the older people on here have probably been listening to, dancing to and collecting this music since before the gods blessed this planet with your arrival.

This isn't a particularly early example, there's music from the mid to late 80's that has the same aims, but I think it does illustrate that this type of music has been around for decades and still is. You're just not looking hard enough or are using the wrong examples to try and prove a point.

If you showed a bit more humility and adopted less of a pompous, hectoring tone, then I think your posts would be judged less negatively. I'm afraid you're just coming across as someone with a lot of attitude, but not much else really.

7. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

so............if thats the case.......... WHY don't you make some music then ??????

look at my 2nd question again : "Foster what do you want music to be for you?"

go create something you want to create.

8. tooloud

tooloud Guest

A tremendous misconception if you'd think I'm a troll. I'm just straining

Try a laxative.

to set out what I mean by this or that.

Make up your mind. Is it this or that?

I've created lots of snippets and learned alot by your succor.

Snippets and Succor. Does that come as an entrees or main?

For some people the result does not matter

I can't imagine who these people would be.

(to be lied at the mind and heart of people or not)

Of people or not? If not people, perhaps animals? Trees. Igneous rocks.

because making much of some technical or musical guidelines

Outmoded concepts like tempo, melody and harmony?

and terms of reference

Are you applying for a loan? Then yes, read carefully.

are their main obsessions and burning issues

I had that. Antibiotics will stop the burning.

but for me music is more than that.

It's not just music, it's rainbows and unicorns and bubbles and sweet sugary fizzy drink.

I bust a gut

I have a hernia. Lesson to learn.... warm up before lifting weights.

trying to link the human's emotions to the music other than simple love, hate, dance ground.

And how's that working out for you? Any breakthroughs?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. TonyG

TonyG Guest

Are we in this site to about music related topics or to discuss politics?

10. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I think there should be an entire thread related to the mental state of foster911

11. ponty1604

ponty1604 Noisemaker

guys what's wrong with you? ...It's totaly allright and more than this to post music in a musicians forum and ask for thoughts...
    Why do you think you're so much brighter than OP? You all sound very weak and not very self-confident ... telling all the time who are the REAL musicians...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  12. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Okay, let's try it your way. Get down from your 'holier than thou' pedestal and go back to the OP and let's hear your views on this matter.

13. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017