Damn Yamaha To Hell!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Triphammer, Jul 17, 2024.

1. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

Spot on. That's also what prompted me to become an IT Tech.

I agree 100%.

Oh, I'm "dealing with it." But that doesn't mean I have to like it or that I don't have the right to bitch about. Last time I checked, you weren't the boss of me. And frankly, IMHO, the best way to "deal with it" is to not support companies that throw longtime loyal users under the bus to make a quick buck. I vote with my wallet. I have spent many thousands of dollars on various Yamaha gear over the years. Not anymore.

Line 6 Manager is also an old program being retired by Yamaha. The ACTUAL program that's replacing it is called Line 6 Central. It's a buggy ass pile of poop...it doesn't cover older legacy products. I installed it on Win7, Win10 AND Win11 machines, and while it installs, when you try to run it, it gives an error message and crashes. NOT a viable replacement.

RME is definitely the gold standard when it comes to support and build quality. It's too bad other companies don't follow their example. No wonder so many fail in the long run.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2024