Cytomic is Criminally Underrated

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by anissbenthami, Oct 25, 2024 at 5:01 PM.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

"Cytomic is Criminally Underrated"

No Dan Worrall video tutorial so the musicians/producers had less care about its stuff

2. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

It's like saying The Police is an underrated rock band. You don't see people mentioning The Police very often, but we know how brilliant that band was, haha. Cytomic is in a league of its own when it comes to analog modeling. Fabfilter, DMG Audio, and some others are close to that level. We are talking about high-end DSP coding. The Glue has been in my master chain for a while now.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2024 at 9:08 AM
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

I use both very traditionally (1178 for fast, Mu for slower compression). I especially love the Mu. So tasteful.
    It's interesting that Mu saturates a lot for you, to me it's the most transparent-yet-colored compressor if that makes sense :thumbsup:

4. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Every engineer worth listening to and even some shills have been praising Cytomic products for as long as they've been on the market.
    The Glue and The Drop are a mainstay in EDM and D&B among all things.
    It's not underrated by any means, it's undermarketed.
    You should pay less attention to marketing - that's exactly how you can change a situation like this.

5. typical-love

typical-love Producer

Whoa.

"I will do some comparison videos like this for The Glue v2 when I do more in depth modelling of the various non-linear parts of circuit including the VCA. The Glue only models the envelope follower section accurately, everything else is idealised."