Cymatics-- what is with the ridiculously long/stupid folder structures, filenames, duplicates?

Discussion in 'samples' started by audiofannn, Jan 29, 2021.

1. audiofannn

audiofannn Member

You've got to wonder...

I bought Cymatics stuff for years, and grab a pack or two from the sister site, including Zodiac.

What I'd love to know is why Cymatics are constantly using folders within folders within folders within folders within folders and....

long file AND folder names such as
    Cymatics - Song Name - Tempo 133bpm - Key C# minor

What's worse is, usually it's a long folder name, with a long file name inside. And sometimes, even more nested folders, with long filenames.

Extracting from the rars becomes a huge ordeal, as you need to extract them to a simple folder name such as "C" just to make sure everything gets extracted, without having errors, of too-long filenames and folder names.

In this specific Zodiac library, inside yet another nested MAZE of crap........ there's a track by Modern Producers called Vanish, and inside that, are 5 folders of Parts: Part A, Part B, Part C, Part D, and Part E.

Every loop inside each part is a duplicate sample loop from a different part!!!

Example: Pluck A B D and E are all identical. There are a handful of other loops inside Vanish that are identical. What is the point of that?

I like Cymatics and their loops. Even though they openly admit they built their business sampling tons of material (illegally) and even distributing it via Computer Music Magazine (for years)....

I just do not understand the absolutely ridiculous folder structure hierarchy, and too-long filenames... not to mention all the repeat loops, even just from ONE library (not a collection).

Tell me I'm not alone in this frustration.

Every time I download a collection or buy one, I completely restructure everything so it doesn't go into a nesting maze of pointless crap. I keep everything in a main folder, example "C Zodiac", then inside, organizing everything so it never goes below like 2 or 3 subfolders. And I also remove the pointless "Cymatics" prefix at the beginning of EVERY file and nearly every folder.

Argh.

3. joem

joem Producer

can i interest you in a wonderful website known as splice.com has all the best samples and there really easy to get hold of