Cymatics now Academy.fm at it again with more Future Crap!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rockdaset, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Rockdaset

Rockdaset Newbie

Academy.fm puked when I saw what it is, the only thing I would pay for is their marketing list!

Cymatics Drew and Steve at it again this time for only a small sacrifice lol. These guys and companies like them are really doing us all a major service they are starting the flood as you all know there are so many people selling templates, tutorial packs etc...

It's companies like this who try to sell you the dreams all about the money. I can tell you because get what I paid to see what it is. Absolutely. I pay for all my gear even if I get a warez release I actually try and buy. Hense why I have maybe 60 plugins, preset banks and sample libraries all together that aren't actually my own. I only use other producers ish when I need to focus my time in other areas of the production and creative process.

NOW BACK TO MY POINT> I paid the $27, the site didn't work on my mac, or my ios devices or a pc. I wanted to see if I could actually be one of the first 10 people to order it. Let me tell you that I would find it hard to believe that I wasn't since I had my entire family on it. Just to see if these two Drew and Steve are doing what they say. I wonder if any real person can show me a prize from any contest from Cymatics or Academy.

Continue to resist and push your own limits invest into your signature sounds and authenticity! Don't Bite The Bait!

Bump this thread, join me and the "Round Table". It's a movement. Starting now. 100% real talk. You throw shows, you play tunes you got connects then support one another and push these fucks down the river! the flood is here all we need to do is stop playing their game. Join the revolutionary resistance against the dumb commercialization of our culture. Music is my life, it's my language, it's my one true love. Thank you for reading my rant!

3. Infidel

Infidel Producer

Walks to other side of the street.:scrapbox:

4. Ceja

Ceja Ultrasonic

I agree with you and think that Academy.fm is crap. I also think it is not good to exploid the "dreams" people have with their music. But this is actually how society and the modern free market works. Apple for example doesn`t say "well..we make quite decent products..if you want buy them...if not...well okay...your life is also cool without the new iPhone..". Companies need to create desire in order to sell their products. So from a marketing standpoint they do everything right, they create desires and people think they can be the next Martin Garrix or whoever is the next generic super start dj.
    Another question is, do they fullfill what they claim? And I think this is where the fail. Nobody becomes are world class producer by watching a few of these mediocre tutorials. Passion, dedication, discpline. Getting in the studio everyday, making your own experiences, finding techniques that work for you. That is what matters and makes one better.

And unfortunately the train were music/art is about itself has left the station decades (or even centuries) ago. Even Mozart and Beethoven made music they got paid or comissioned for, just because they had to survive. If you want to live from music, not everything can be about "just the music" cause no producer/songwriter/artist can survive without listeners and fans (and a lot of them are a bit stupid when it comes to music and listen what the gatekeepers tell them is the next big thing).

But I am 100% with you, I hate how they advertise and sell products that are more ore less "fake". Nobody will become a succesfull producer just from buying their packs or watching their tutorials. But they are a perfect examples for todays world and the free market and how one can use the internet for marketing.

5. Rockdaset

Rockdaset Newbie

You speak the troof! It's all a huge gamble. if you have talent, you still need to buy in. Everyone has content. To compete in the world of music today you need friends in high places, money and more money. Realize this one thing all you musicians.....
    Music isn't going anywhere. the reason why there is so much crap out here and why we are in the state we are in, is because we all created it. We have all contributed to the state of the industry. In my lifetime it was the MP3 that changed the world and landscape.