Cycling ’74 Things...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jack0, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Jack0

Jack0 Newbie

/****************************************
    Copyright (c) 2012 Cycling ’74

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software
    and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction,
    including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
    and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so,
    subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies
    or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
    INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
    IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
    WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE
    OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
    *****************************************************/

/**********************************
    Cycling ’74 License for Max-Generated Code for Export
    Copyright (c) 2016 Cycling ’74
    The code that Max generates automatically and that end users are capable of exporting and using, and any
    associated documentation files (the "Software") is a work of authorship for which Cycling ’74 is the author
    and owner for copyright purposes. A license is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
    copy of the Software ("Licensee") to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, and distribute copies of the Software,
    and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
    The Software is licensed to Licensee only for non-commercial use. Users who wish to make commercial use of the
    Software must contact the copyright owner to determine if a license for commercial use is available, and the
    terms and conditions for same, which may include fees or royalties. For commercial use, please send inquiries
    to licensing (at) cycling74.com. The determination of whether a use is commercial use or non-commercial use is based
    upon the use, not the user. The Software may be used by individuals, institutions, governments, corporations, or
    other business whether for-profit or non-profit so long as the use itself is not a commercialization of the
    materials or a use that generates or is intended to generate income, revenue, sales or profit.
    The above copyright notice and this license shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
    THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
    THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
    THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF
    CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
    DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
    *****************************************************/

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶J̶a̶c̶k̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶u̶s̶i̶o̶n̶.̶

@̶J̶a̶c̶k̶0̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶C̶y̶c̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶'̶7̶4̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶a̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶i̶t̶h̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶a̶d̶m̶i̶n̶i̶s̶t̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶

@̶A̶n̶d̶r̶e̶w̶
    @̶A̶r̶t̶i̶c̶S̶t̶o̶r̶m̶
    @̶I̶n̶t̶r̶o̶n̶i̶n̶j̶a̶
    @̶n̶e̶d̶9̶4̶4̶

@̶S̶A̶i̶N̶T̶

O̶r̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ I'm just confused.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  4. Jack0

Jack0 Newbie

I am a (disappointed) customer.

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Why so disappointed?

6. Jack0

Jack0 Newbie

Buy hammer. Build house. Hammer manufacturer owns house.

Imagine if your favorite DAW company charged you extra when you sell a song you created with that DAW.

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I feel for you, brother.

Maybe consider your Max/MSP experience as just that... experience.
    Time to take your XP and level-up: https://puredata.info/

Forgive the ancient video-game analogies. I haven't played seriously in years.

8. Jack0

Jack0 Newbie

9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Feel better champ.